No sound from sub

Username: Vw_krafty

Des Moines, Washington

Post Number: 1
I have a fusion 450 watt amp and sub i connected to my Kenwood kdc-mp145 my amp is powered up there just no sound comin from my sub and my rpt or prt light isnt glowin red so theres nothing wrong witht the amp im guessing cold my sub just be blown? even though its brand new?

Bronze Member
Username: Cwruck

Post Number: 20
are the rcas hooked up right to the amp? in the input part of it. Are they connected properly to the headunit? Is there a subwoofer control on the headunit maybe turned off? Is your sub properly wired up inside the box? if you shake the box around a bit the wires could come off.
theres alot of things that could cause the problem. it could even be your amp. sometimes amps just dont have the power supply they are supposed to, so they will power on correctly but have no output, if your wires are good i would bench test the amp

Bronze Member
Username: Discoboy2009

Post Number: 13
the main thing to check is your ground wire make sure you have it hooked up good to the amp and to the metal part in your trunk.....if thats ok then check your remote wire.....i hook mine up to the power antenna behind the cd player and then to the amp.......3rd check all 3 fuses (the 2 in the amp) & (the one on the power cable fuse is close to battery) 4th check and make sure your wires are not wet in any kinda way then check your cd player and make sure subs are turned on.......if none of this fixes the problem then let me know and ill tell you more on how to fix it....

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, SC USA

Post Number: 12876
This could be a lot of things.
could be a blown fuse, bad ground, blown coil on the speaker, blown amp, gain set too high causing the amp to clip and go into protection.. If you don't know how to diagnose this, you may want to go to a stereo shop and have it diagnosed for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us