Charging capacitor

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 94
Alright guys I have a problem and am not sure how to fix it. I Installed my system including a tsunami distribution block and capacitor.

Now I accidentaly connected the whole thing without charging the capacitor first. The capacitor was charging and got to 5v, the distribution block indicated 11.8v when i realized my blunder i disconnected the capacitor and tried charging it with a resistor. I tried 1kohm 2watt resistor, the capacitor dimmly lit and the leds were dimmly flickering, i tried then with a 470ohm 1/2w resistor, same thing, i tried a 12v light same thing.

If i connect the power back to the capacitor it lights up and indicates 0.00v. The two important things to note is that the car hasnt moved from my garage in 1 week and i havent tried starting it yet, is it possible that there is no juice left in the battery (optima red top) ?(radio works) Should i leave it connected and try to drive with it connected? Try connecting it directly to the battery with the light? Not sure what to do, i dont want to make a mistake again.

Username: Khushbumalik

Faisalabad, Punjab Pakistan

Post Number: 3
Hi,

You should contact some mechanic offline.

Regards,
Khushbu Malik
http://www.carsteering.com/buick_steering.htm
Buick Steering
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us