How to wire two amps

Username: Yogi

Post Number: 1
I wanted to hook up two amps to one reciver. I have no clue how. I already have one amp hook up. i just don't konw how to hook up the second one.
Please help

Bronze Member
Username: Goodstang

Long Island, NY USA

Post Number: 23
Hey, not all too hard. First you will need to purchase a 4 gauge dual amp wiring kit (I say this because most likely your current amp is setup with 8 gauge wire -- thus will need to be replaced with the thicker, better able to carry the increased power 4 gauge wire).

Look on ebay, i found one for $48 bucks plus shipping the other day. Also, as someone told me, the website at the following link has some good stuff too: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Amp%20Installation%20Kits.

Anyways, after you have the kit, its pretty straight-forward.

Run the 4 gauge wire from the battery to where your amps will be located, then split the power cable with a distributor block (which costs $10 - see also ebay, and comes in most dual amp wiring kits) and send two positive wires (these can now be 8 gauge) to each amp. Of course, each amp needs to be grounded (negative wire, attached to car's chassis aka bare metal) and each amp's REM (i think that term is right-- the wire that allows the amp to turn on when your turn your head unit on) needs to be connected.

Hope i could help.

Bronze Member
Username: Yogi

Post Number: 15
Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us