Wiring Question.... (Glasswolf or Jonathan maybe?)

Username: Stardumb

Post Number: 4
Ok, I've just purchased a new Kicker kx1200.1 amp and have upgraded to 0 GAUGE wire. I need to wire my amp (in the trunk) to up front (battery, headunit, etc). There seems no possible way of doing this while hiding the wire. We tried through the carpet but the carpet is way too tight that there isnt enough room for the wire to fit, because it pulls the carpet edges away from their position where they connect. We tried going underneat the side plastic baseboard things, but the wire is way too thick, that they wont snap back down once the wire is underneath. Does anyone know another way I could attempt to congifure this wiring so that it will be hidden and make it from the battery to the amp in back. Thanks a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3511
pull everything out of the interior of the car, run the cable up the center under the carpeting, then put everything back in place.
It's a bit of work, but I usually do that right after I lay the dynamat in a car.
Kills two birds with one stone.

Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 5
sometimes its about positioning i have zero gauge under my factory carpet and you cant see it. (toward the outward edges but not extreme)

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 139
if you dont want to do a whole lot of work pulling eveything out of your car i would just run it underneath your car away from any moving parts, or parts that get really hot. not the best thing to do but its easier than taking everything out.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3543
yup, till some road debris hits the wire and breaks the casing, causing a chassis short and starting a fire.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 18
If you run it under the vehicle be sure to use a protective flex tube. You can find it at home depo, or lows. Be sure to run it on the inside of the frame as high as you can. As for the short glass was talking about, an inline fuse, a few inches down, line from the battery will take care of that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us