Amp switch

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 34
since i plan on running two/three amps when im done building my system i want to have one on a switch. this being the subwoofer one so it an easy be cut off. I would like to do this rather than using the remote turn on from my HU i would run the remote for the amp into my fuse box on the side of the console so that it comes on when the car is on but with the switch i have the option of turning it off when i want. so i was considering running a switch on the power line in order to do this or would i run it through th remote line once its hooked to the fuse box?

other than that how would you go about putting two amps in with only one remote line out of the HU?

Bronze Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 90
The power antenna lead (kick-on) out of a radio is only good for about 100mA. Luckily, that's plenty to kick-on several amps.

Just connect all the 'turn on' leads together, that makes them all turn on at once. If you want one switched, just switch that particular turn-on line.

No, I wouldn't switch the power lead...especially the subwoofer amp. Why?: Check out how much power that amp uses... now check out how much power your toggle switch can handle. Not really compatible; unless you want to see the switch melt or catch on fire.

Bronze Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 42
well i think i have a remote turn on and a power antenna lead if im not mistaken. but your saying to put the switch in the remote turn on line....thats actually better so i can mount the switch in the center of the car

Bronze Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 92
Yeah, always switch the kick-on and never switch the power.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us