Thermal?????

Mw
Unregistered guest
I Got a sony xplod 1000 watt mono amp and i hooked it up with the remote rcas ground power and all that but when i turn it on the power light as well as the themal light comes on. the power and ground wire is 8 guage pg and has a 25 fuse in it there are 3 25 fuses in the amp can anyone help me out i got the amp off my friend so i dont have the booklet... thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 144
You don't need 8 awg wire. You need to have 4 awg wire. That could be a problem. And also you need a larger inline fuse too. Something like 100amps or so. These are some reasons for that. Buy a good 4 awg wiring kit.

Mw
Unregistered guest
100 amps but the fuses on the amp only equal 75 amps wont this be a problem

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 552
Shouldn't be a problem, but 8 guage wire won't give 75 amps in long runs of wire, over 13 ft. I recommend 4 guage. What kind of subs are you running and what impedance?

Mw
Unregistered guest
no subs yet im lookin into 2 clarion 10s i was just testing the amp i got off my friend thanks for the help tho

Mw
Unregistered guest
k i went in to a and b sound and asked the guy about the amp and he said its fried how does that work tho i thought when an amp was friend the power light dont even turn on
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us