Need Alot of Help!

Bronze Member
Username: Davidmeyer

Oshkosh, Wisconsin United State...

Post Number: 43
Okay,well sorry if this turns into one of those long posts but hey what can I do!

My car: 1991 Dodge Daytona ES
My upgrades: None
My future system:http://megahurts4.servebeer.com/futuresystem3.txt
My questions:
1. Do you think this is a good set up for Every day driving/use, and maybe some competition?
2. What if any parts of this set up would you change?
3. What upgrades do I need to do to the electrical?
4. My current battery is an interstate with 750 cca, What should I do for batteries, to substane A. 1-2 hours of driving, or max 3-4 hours of driving on trips B. Long periods of time while car is off?
5. How do I know if this system will be, or if i chose (I'm a little hazy in this area) to be either 12 volt, 14 volt, 16 volt, or 18 volt?
6. What size Alternator(S) would you get?
7.How do I wire the batterie(S), Alternator, Amps, And maybe capacitor(S) if you suggest, etc.?
8. Where would you go to get these product(S), ie. Wholesale sites, etc..
9. What would my System be more geard towards, SPL or SQ?
10. Is this a good system for a rap lover?
11. Will this system give me the deep lows and the clear mids and highs?
12. Would you change anything, anything at all about this system?
13. What would the estimated price be for this system?

Thank you so much to all who can help!
Any help is appreciated, and once again sorry for all the questions!
David

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 547
If you're not worried about running the system when the car is off, don't worry about batteries. If you plan on it, get a good deep cycle (Optima yellow top) and isolate it. For that system, you'll probably have to get a custom alternator in the 250A range or more. You don't have to do a capacitor, but if you do, get a large capacitor at least 2 farad. Head unit is nice, but I like the sound quality of Eclipse a little better. Adire Audio is great, Zapco amps are also fantastic, remember with the C2k series you'll need a symbilink converter, I recommend using the SP4-SL line driver/preamp like Glasswolf planned at one time. Good choices. You don't choose volts, you're limited to 12, although it fluctuates, usually in the 14V region when the car is on. Great SQ system, good SPL, good for all types of music, but if you're looking for huge boomy bass for rap I'd do more than one 12" Brahma. System will give deep bass and excellent clarity on mids and highs. Very expensive system, expect to pay over $5,000 dollars, not counting the alternator, etc. Zapco has pretty good prices on www.woofersetc.com Adire has good prices on http://www.acoustic-visions.com Eclipse will be hard to find if you go that route, Alpine is good on www.woofersetc.com or www.ikesound.com Browse around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us