Running to seperate mono amps

Username: Erikshockey

Tx US

Post Number: 1
I already have a 300w mtx mono amp with an audiobahn dvc sub in my truck and a friend sold me a jbl mono amp 300w as well with a JL audio dvc sub, box, and wiring kit for $150 all in new condition. What i want to do is just run another power wire from the battery to the new amp. will this work? i was also planning on running the remote wire from one to the other and grounding the amps in the same spot. I just wanted to know if it was all going to work before i do anything so please help me out, suggestions welcome.

cd520
Unregistered guest
How big (gauge#) is the wire coming from your battery and how long is it?

cd520
Unregistered guest
How big (gauge#) is the wire coming from your battery and how long is it?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 286
Yeah, you can run two seperate wires or you can run a 1/0AWG and split it with a Distrubution Block into two 8 AWG or 4 AWG wires. Just splice the remote wire in two and the RCA can be fitted with y-connects to become 2 seperate lines. You can run the ground wires to the same spot but space them out a bit, dont run then right next to each other.

Username: Erikshockey

Tx US

Post Number: 2
Both wiring kits are 8 gauge kits. Im not sure how long the are they go from the very front of my truck were the battery is, then they run back to undernieth my seats. And btw my truck is extended cab im gonna guess the wires are 7 or 8 feet long.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 293
8 AWG wire will do, there only 300W. If its a kit then they are usually 16-20ft which should do fine- even w/ ext. cab
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us