Best amps recomendations...

Username: Kyleb1115

Post Number: 1
hello, i am new to the car audio stuff...but my dad has done many car sterios so he helps me out..

but here is my question. the person who had my car before me cut ther factory harness and everythings a mess.

the radio did not work

i bought an alpine CDA-9833

i decided to get the car completely professionally rewired with good wire and have them install everything because it was such a mess inside the dash and shorts everywhere

now i am going to but components for the front and possible for the back (not shure which yet... sudjestions appreciated.)

but im not shure what 4 channel amp to get either.

i really like crutchfield and dont mind paying more, but if you know of a GOOD cheaper online place i might try it.

i am looking around in the 500$ range...because i dont skip and i want an awesome sounding system when i am done..

whgat amps do you reccommend.

i like alpine and kicker alot.

like i said i have a alpine head unit, and i want kicker solo baric..

i am not sold on any speakers because i cant find any..lol

what is a decent amp for my speakers (except sub..im getting a class d mono)

any help is appreciated...

plus i dont know what is enough power and what is not. the speakers i am looking at are around 100 to like 150 rms .....( think that sounds right... basically i want good mid to high end grade speakers....im not a cheap person, money=quality for me..lol)

my biggest problem is getting speakers that fit..

i just need good amp reccommendations and maybe i casn get speakers after i decide hthe amp..or sumthing.

i need help..lol

thx...

good luck on understanding my lingo.

Post Number: 2
i have been looking at the alpine mrv-f540 and the kicker kx650.4...

are these too powerful for decent speakers (prolly kicker)?

also is there a site that i can go that will give me all the speaker size and information for my car?

my main problem is the door speakers...the deapth...

my car is a 1993 honda prelude si vtec

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 280
I would suggest a RF amp but i dont know how you feel about that. I am unsure on component speakers but i know alot of these guys like Infinity Kappa Perfect.

Post Number: 3
i hear alot about the prefects too....but eh i dunno....never had em before....

i love rockford fosgate...but they are just a little too expensive.....

any input on those 2 amps?

Post Number: 4
perfects*

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 50
kappa perfect........

Post Number: 5
says they dont fit in my car..... ok but lets see.. ok what if i am going to get the kappa perfects, what amp from crutchfield would be best?

i am still loooking into those two above, but like i said are they too powerful or not powerful enough..

why dont they fit in my cr, botrh door and rear speakers are 6 1/2... but crutchfield says they dont work in any place..:-(

Post Number: 6
anyone??? please...??

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 136
Because crutchfield has SPUPID people working for them that don't know sh!t. Go to this site and shop around not crutchfield.

www.sounddomain.com
OR
www.acaraudio.com

Post Number: 7
are they good and reputible?

Post Number: 8
dont mind me.... but the pictur of the infinity kappas aree not what they look like on infinitys site... do they rip you off or is the pic not updated?... they seem like a good company (acaraudio)

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
I have ordered so many products from both of those places that I can't even remember them all. And NEVER EVER had a single problem with either company. And about your amps and speakers. Always try to match up your RMS ratings together. That will give you the best results from your system. So if you got 4 speakers that have a 60watt RMS you should get a 4x60 watt RMS amp to push them. Remember always try to keep those numbers close.

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
That is prolly an old pic are they haven't recieved any of the new speakers yet.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 532
Both companies he listed are good. Go to www.woofersetc.com they have Perfects for $249 compared to acaraudio's $299 and I can tell you that they're a very good site. JBL makes good amps if you're looking for a nice, reliable amp for low cost.

Post Number: 9
found a nice pheonix gold amp... here is what i think i have figured for my car...and they should fit..at leats they say they fit:

infinity reference 6000cs components 2-90rms 61/2 for the front doors and tweeters for factory spots wich fit. the speakers themselves are 1/16 too deep for the doors (dont u think i can get them to fit... stick a washer between the screws or sumthing..lol cant be that close right?)

infinity kappa 60.5cs components 6 1/2 for the rear speakers. they are 2-90rms just like the fronts..so they should go goood togeather, and crutchfield says they will fit....so i hope they are right... i like crutchfield but a lil pricy..

and for the 4 channel amp to power them... i like the pheonix gold r5.0:4 which is 80 watts (RMS)*4...so that is close as well... i cant fina an amp with 90 or 100 so is 80 good?

do you think this is a good setup along with my alpine cda-9833

i plan to get a classd mono amp and a sub or two sooner or later...and all the accessories then.

lol what else do you gous reccommend... i need an eq or sumthin to close my radio slot..is the dual din kind.... is there anything i can get for thisn setup that will inprove sound?..like just some special thing..lol

thx

Post Number: 10
another question.... about amps and speakers and stuff....

is a dual 2 ohm voice coil better then a dual 4 ohm voice coil?

how do i go about powering two of subs that are
75-750watts RMS max?

how would i power 2 subs that are 2 ohm dual voice coil?

and how would i power 4 ohm voice coil?

which is better..

do i ned one amp for each or one for both...

u get the point... lol what do you think...

(BTW im looking at kicker colo baric l7 12")

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3474
depending on the car and the speakers you choose, I'd suggest:

JL Audio 300/4 or Zapco for the 4 channel amp
same JL or Zapco for a mono sub amp.
Infinity Kappa Perfect, DynAudio, Focal, or CDT Classics for front separates
whatever fits in back if you need rears
forget solobarics.
get good subs.. like ID Max, Eclipse Titanium, RE, or Adire Brahmas.

Silver Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 114
the kicker solo-baric L7 is a good line of subs, but i will add that the L5's BLOW TO SHIET I HATE THOSE MOTHERFUC KERS!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
lol i like kicker...had many and its just in m blood..... umm perfects dont fit in my car...the speakers i stated are the best i can get in those locations...

amps...is alpine good too??? i heard alot of good about them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
JL have good amps??lol

i hear aot about them

my main problem is what is the best amp i can use with speakers above (refrence and kappas)i want a system that ios clear, powerful, and stable..

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 544
JL Audio has fantastic amps. There's no way you can get those Kappas up front? lol Seriously, do you know your car and know what might be behind there? A lot of times crutchfield is wrong with the dimensions. Those Kappas sound soooo much better than the Reference, you're not doing them justice putting them in the back.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
is JL better then Alpine?
what is the best amp for me....bottom line....money not an issue..

im really trying to see what i can do... but you are right, somehow i gotta at least get the kappas in the front... if not the perfecrts in front/back.

they are like an inch too deep though..lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
how bout kicker amps?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
like the kicker SX700.4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts