Amp Problem

Unregistered guest
I have a Jensen 300 watt 2-ch amp, i dont care what people say, Jensen might suck, but it can be used. anyways, when i hook power to it, it powers up the logo lights up, the protect light is NOT on, but, when the 2 subs are hooked up, no sounds comes out, but the Subs are "out" pushed out slighty, as there was power going to them, no sound though. They pop a litel when hooked up. What could be a reason for this? Somethin fried ?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 122
Sounds like your subs maybe bad. Did you check all your connections such as ground, interconnects, ect??

Unregistered guest
Everythings Hooked up Properly, i have another Jensen amp Just like it, 600watt, there playin right now lol. everything hooked up right, everyting powers, nothin to subs from the 300 watt though. Both amps hook up identical. Output fried?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 124
Very well could be. If you have them hooked to the other amp and everything is fine stay like that. What kind of subs are they?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 269
You may want to check your adjustments and gain on the AMP and your HU. Different AMPs require different Adjustments.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 213
Check your amp's ground. The amp must be making the ground connection partially through the subs's ground

Unregistered guest
They are also Jensen Subs, Jensen XS1010.

your gonna think this is wierd, theyre hooked up in my house, to my computer, and external reciever, to the sub out, and theres a car battery sittin in the corner. so different amp, 8gauge wiring, other amp works fine, this one powers up and everything, no protect light is on. N Sound, but hte Sub is "out" Liek theres somethin going to it, but not. Outputs, how can those be fixed ?

Unregistered guest
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us