Amp Problem Help!

Unregistered guest
I have a Jensen 300 watt 2-ch amp, i dont care what people say, Jensen might suck, but it can be used. anyways, when i hook power to it, it powers up the logo lights up, the protect light is NOT on, but, when the 2 subs are hooked up, no sounds comes out, but the Subs are "out" pushed out slighty, as there was power going to them, no sound though. They pop a litel when hooked up. What could be a reason for this? Somethin fried ?

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 52
Check your RCA cables, they might be loose. Or your connections on the amp might be bad, look at them. Other wise i dont know what else i would do, hope i helped

Bronze Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 84
The signal that amplifiers strengthen is AC (alternating current.) That's why the speaker cone goes up and then down again. (I know, basic but it's a lead-in)

If you feed a speaker DC (direct current) like a car or alkaline battery, the cone just moves in one direction and stays there. This is what you are describing.

Um, isn't supposed to happen in a system. Either the signal going to the amp is flat-lined (bad) or the amplifier itself is toast. I'd first try substituting a known-good amp, if it still happens then it's head unit or cable. If it works fine, buy a new amp.

...unless you have DVC subs that you tried to bridge but hooked up backwards. I guess *theoretically* you could get one slightly more efficient VC pulling to the point of locking against the other without putting your amp in protection mode (but it would still get hot just like it were working full throttle.) Glasswolf would probably know the odds of that happening...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us