Kenwood 1800 Question

Username: Zrob93

Post Number: 1
Hey, im new to all this stuff and this forum so i have no idea where to post this question so i'm going to post it here. I got a Kenwood 1800 Class D Monoblock amp. And im putting it in a 2000 chevy tahoe. Now what i was wondering is am i going to have to get a better altenator. I have looked around and ive seen people say if its 1000+ watts, then yes. But my dad argued against me saying that since its a SUV and its ment to pull stuff it came with a bigger stock altenator already. So i want to come to people who know and tell me what i should really do. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Tkzone

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 18
Zack that wouldnt be a kac 9104 with the fan and the blue light? Of course it is and its baaad ayass aint it. Sucked my voltage under 12v on the cap when the low tone hit SO FREAKIN HARD out my cvr12s @1 ohm. Needless to say its cea rated 500wrms@ 4 ohm and 900 plus at 2 or 1. If you have a ds144 delco remy alternator 140 amp in that truck and you get little or no fluctuation on your dash gauge when it hits hard 35hz and under your golden. Please tell me the gauge dont move cause i just bought a 140 amp powermaster all chrome for my s10 blazer and im prayin its enough im pushin over 1500 rms between my two bamfs.anyway the 144 is the optional gm ho alt.Pop may be right. Let me knw bro. Peace

Bronze Member
Username: Tkzone

Clearwater, Florida USA

Post Number: 19
Sorry bro thats a cs144d not a ds144. My bad

Username: Zrob93

Post Number: 2
I haven't installed it yet was gonna do all the appropriate things first but ive asked a couple of people and they said the exact same thing you did so im going to install it probably next week because ive got work and school and no time to do anything as of right now. When i install it ill tell you what happens.

Bronze Member
Username: Bookeeper

Louisiana

Post Number: 13
zack i got the kenwood kfc 9104d mono amp on two kfc w3012 subs man that dam box hit hard my 98 chevy suburban has stock 105 amp alternator yo you gona need to put a bigger alternator i will try the 140 amp but i have a cap to i got to tighten it down cause im not done with cleaning up my wire setup until i get the rest of my sound so far i have

1.alpine cda 9851 headunit

2.rockford fostgate punch 3002 pushing four kenwood 6 1/2 and two 4/10 eclispe speakers amp set to hi pass but its two channel will switch to a four channel eclispe 60 watt x 4 later

3. kenwood mono on two kenwood 12 hitting hard when i crank it it drowns my 6 1/2 out so im adding a eclispe 60 watt x 4 amp four boston acoustic 6x9s 3 ways i will take the punch amp out so that i have my four door speakers on their own channel and four 6x9 on their own channel its gona be symphony yo see when i get that done ill just sit there and set my crossovers and tune the system to the sweet spot and my speakers are new i still have to break them in cause they hitting hard not boomy just turn the bass down to give me that thump not to much just that woom not bang and remember music sound better clean crisp and clear not just loud you want your sound to speak for itself so kenwood did a good job with that amp i love it from now on every anp i use will be mono
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us