Amp cutting off after turning the volume up a bit

Username: Lass

Post Number: 1
Well im new here so hello to everyone. Well my problem is that when i turn the volume up a bit my amp goes into protect mode. Its a memphis 16-PR1.1000 I checked the voltage it had when it went into protect mode and it was around 13.2 volts. And i checked the ohms on my sub(a treo ssp DVC) and it reads 1.3 ohms. I have only had this set up for like a month and a half and it used to work great until a week or two ago and its pissing me off now. I still have warranty on both the amp and the sub but want to first make sure its not any of my wiring. My ground is located on a bolt that holds down the passanger seat. is there anything u guys can give me advice on what to check. Oh and when i connect the bass boost remote it makes a weird noise that goes away when i accelarate im sure i didnt mess the wire up any suggestions on that too

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 184
If it makes a weird noise with acceleration its the RCA cables. As for the amp cutting off/out at increased volumes it sounds like a wire is touching somewhere and grounding out. Also make sure the place were the amp is grounded to is sanded down to pure metal for optimum connection. Pretty much just trace your wires and make sure everything is good. Things can get loose, or mess up over time.

Username: Lass

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice Shawn and tomorrow im going to use some different subs that get down to 1 ohm to make sure the amp isnt messed up. Right now im thinking the sub is messed up cuz i took it out of the box and all the wires seemed fine and not grounding out else where. I sanded down the ground spot just today and the amp still cut off so im guessing the ground is okay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us