What Amp should I buy?

Username: Mattwedem

Post Number: 10
I bought two 12" audiobahn aw122n subs. I have a Kenwood KAC-8101D powering them.
http://india.kenwood.com/products/car/amplifiers/kac-8101d/index.html
I have recently reilized it sucks lol. My subs together rms at 1100 watts and peaks at 2200 watts. So my question is what amp should I buy to power these?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 178
To be honest I'd recommend new woofers as well as a new amp. If you want to keep the woofers you have, look for an amp that does the needed rms for you, at the ohm load needed, within your budget.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattwedem

Post Number: 11
well thats exactly what I wanted. I was asking if anyone had suggestions for an amp I should buy. My subs are fine are plenty loud I just want to give it enough power until I have the money to buy a W7 or 2 W6.

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 180
If money is an issue I'd say go with some Fi woofers versus the JL. Of course JL is a better brand but you get a lot of woofer for the money with Fi. If you wanted to stay in the SQ range with your woofers, you could also lean toward a pair of RE SE subs. Very nice as well. Those would do well on an AQ1200d.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 7524
JL is not a better brand comparing to Fi/RE

JL has built a name.. and that is what you buy.. a NAME. If Fi/RE was as mainstream and whored out prices would go up and you'd start to buy their name..

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 183
That's why I'm suggesting Fi and RE subs versus the JL.

Silver Member
Username: Msand951

San jacinto, Ca Usa

Post Number: 223
X2 On the RE. I have a 05 model XXX RE. Way better than my buddies W7. Can handle more power. and if you blow it . its reconable. Fi are good also if you have the right power get a BTL.

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 61
Just a question for curiosity , i see a lot of you guys recommending RE but hot come the IDMAX dont show up often in terms of recommendations?

Silver Member

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 202
IDMAX are good for SQ setups. Theyre also pretty pricey. If sound quality is what you're shooting for and you don't mind spending the money, ID is a good way to go.

Bronze Member
Username: Bookeeper

Louisiana

Post Number: 14
man i see some dont understand to thing called quality over price jl makes good stuff i had 2 jl w3v2 12 on punch 9002 four boston acoustic 6x9 on a punch 3002 with the cap in all that bullship paid mobile one 2500 bucks yeah hittin hard

but now i paid 450 buck got kenwood 9104d amp two kenwood 12's four 6 1/2 kenwood amp kit and box for that hooked it up myself hitting harder yo for way less sound dont have to be expensive to sound good i would say try the kenwood mono 1800 on their kenwood kfc w3012 sub thats 900watts of pure bass yo for way less then paying for jl subs their name and publicity in all that bullship use your money wisely let your speakers talk for themself not the jl name ooh he got jl speakers man a dude pulled up on me with some lower priced but good quality subs and blew my 2500 dollar system out yo

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
ok pickle first of all loud is not everything, sure you can make the system as loud as you want, but many people can even tell the difference between what there listening to and distortion. Most people I talk say and "I play it loud and I love it" and the whole f@#$ing car is resonating to the point where you dont hear music anymore just vibrating which is complete garbage, than you sit in a properly tuned car and listen to the crispness of the sound and I show them that I can play my music full blast and no distortion no rattling just pure bliss, and the guys will look at me and say "Damn thats nice" thats why some amps are more expensive than others. Second theres the efficiency of the amp, most amps that are rated at 500W rms dont even give you 500W rms, they give you something just under that when connected to a load, compared to higher end amps which are often underrated and give more than 500W rms. 3rd almost everybody know JL is overpriced, they are great quality and there subs are very very good and easily accesible compared to most of the other high end brands which are not , (plus JL subs need to be used with there boxes to sound good) so JL can be overpriced cause there everywhere. This i believe however will be there downfall eventually and they will end up like rockford and alpine, but be careful comparing your kenwood to JL because IF PROPERLY TUNED, which most arent, they will kill your kenwoods

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
ok pickle first of all loud is not everything, sure you can make the system as loud as you want, but many people cant even tell the difference between what there listening to and distortion. Most people I talk to say and "I play it loud and I love it" and the whole f@#$ing car is resonating to the point where you dont hear music anymore just vibrating which is complete garbage, than you sit in a properly tuned car and listen to the crispness of the sound and I show them that I can play my music full blast and no distortion no rattling just pure bliss, and the guys will look at me and say "Damn thats nice" thats why some amps are more expensive than others, and thats why tuning is important not just the brand of the amp. Second theres the efficiency of the amp, most amps that are rated at 500W rms dont even give you 500W rms, they give you something just under that when connected to a load, compared to higher end amps which are often underrated and give more than 500W rms. 3rd almost everybody know JL is overpriced, they are great quality and there subs are very very good and easily accesible compared to most of the other high end brands which are not , (plus JL subs need to be used with there boxes to sound good) so JL can be overpriced cause there everywhere. This i believe however will be there downfall eventually and they will end up like rockford and alpine, but be careful comparing your kenwood to JL because IF PROPERLY TUNED, which most arent, they will kill your kenwoods .

So pickle be careful when you suggest stuff to people.

Bronze Member
Username: Bookeeper

Louisiana

Post Number: 24
id blow jl off the mizzap with my truck bring me their $1000 woofers and id come with a $169 woofer and put jl in its place jl or king kong aint gona pooh on me today my cowboys gona kick the vikings but hey i aint knockin jl i had them before good bass but costly bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us