WHO IS GOOD WITH AMPS???

Username: Dcshoepunk007

Maryland United States

Post Number: 2
I recently purchased 2 12" Alpine Dual 4 ohm Type-R Subs. They are just sitting at my house because i dont know what amplifier to get. I was thinking either a Hifonics, or Rockford Fosgate. I really wanna install the subs but i want to be sure i am getting the right amp. PLEASE HELP

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Giggidy, GA USA

Post Number: 2661
What kind of budget do you have? You need 1000 rms at 1 ohm FYI.

Bronze Member
Username: Bookeeper

Louisiana

Post Number: 20
get a good mono amp kenwood got a 1800 watt mono that gives you 900 watts @ 2 ohm load stable but make sure you got a big alternator or you could try a more expensive one check out www.millionbuy.com

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 70
LOL pickle what you doing did you not notice he has 2 type-r dual 4-ohm

1/(1/4+1/4+1/4+1/4) = 1 ohm, how is he going to connect a 1 ohm load to a 2 ohm amp?

Username: Freq

Wetaskiwin, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 3
If you want better sounding bass, get an amp that pushes the same power but wired in 4 ohm. Most amps have lower distortion and better cone control at higher loads.

A good match to your subs would be a PDX 1.1000 by alpine. 1000 watts rms power, more then enough to power the type r's and not too much to melt your voice coils.

Also I might stay away from kenwood amps, IMHO they sound like KAC

Bronze Member
Username: Classiccaraudio

Chico , Ca California

Post Number: 14
If i was you i would get Rockford fosgate amp newer our older model.

they make great amps at a great price on ebay you can get a bd1000 for around 150 to 200 dollars and that would kick the crap out of those subs trust me

our i would get kicker 1000.1

hifonics is ok but they are really cheap amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us