TomTom ONE XL Bluetooth

Username: Ideakiku

Post Number: 6
The product itself is a pretty decent and functional GPS if it HAS the most recent maps. One feature that it misses is that it cannot toggle automatically between day and night display modes like the Garmin GPSs do, a feature that I found useful. Most important thing is to make sure that you understand all of the conditions applied to purchasing a refurbished product from TomTom. So call TomTom first before ordering and ask SPECIFICALLY whether or not the 30-day free map-update policy applies to the product that you're interested in. Not all of the refurbished products come with the 30-day free map-update offer (most of them do not) as some of the reviews suggested. I've learned this in a hard way although I'd indeed called before ordering to make sure that there exists a 30-day free map-update policy generally but without asking specifically for this product. The latter was the cause for the trouble that I've been through since no one at TomTom volunteered informing me of the details. But I do give the credit to a manager from TomTom who has offered me a free map update to their 2nd to the last version of map software after I'd escalated the issue to him after having spent much time on the phones and emails. The explanation was that TomTom was bound by the contract they have with the map software company. Their technical assistance is also professional and competent once they have determined that the free map update applies to your purchase. Finally, be aware of the potential issue of disk space for the new version may require more space than available on the product.

http://car-gps-receiver.blogspot.com/2010/01/tomtom-one-xl-43-inch-widescreen.ht ml

Silver Member
Username: Domenico

BanginGMCArizona

Post Number: 406
FYI: no1 really goes on this forum for gps..

Username: Iwantitall

Post Number: 3
i would agree, no one really comes here for gps systems. besides im happy with my newelectronx gps. blows the tomtom away ;))

Username: Joyceshang

Post Number: 6
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us