Battery in trunk. conect amp to it and just splice singal from rear speakers

Username: Dude12nothin

Post Number: 1
My battery is located in the trunk. Can i just connect amp to it for power and then just splice the signals from the back speakers to the amp>box (can I make it mono, if needed, and eq out the highs somehow)? If i dont have to run any wires to the front it would be great. Lazy man install.

I have a charger sxt with the upgraded bose system so it sounds great but I just want some bass.

Silver Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 119
I can only think of all the money I could have saved in the past if my battery was mounted in the trunk... So much cable that could have been saved...

The amp should be connected to your battery. Splice what now? Most amps have a crossover for front and rear outputs. If you hook up a 2 or 4 channel AB amp, you would not need an EQ for the purposed you have stated. I am not sure I understand how you wouldn't have to run wires to the front speakers as the wiring you would need to "splice" into is more than likely up front by the dash and HU.

I am a little confused on what it is you are trying to accomplish...what amp are we looking at?

Username: Dude12nothin

Post Number: 2
It was about the audio feed. Can I just run a wire from the (i meant) back speakers to the amp? Run it into the high level input. I want to get 2 Boss BASS1200 10-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofers. The charger has a lot of trunk space but I fill it up really good during lake trips and dont want the hassle of taking it all out. I was think dual tenscould both be aimed to go through the arm rest hole or by cutting out a part of the back lid. Would have to build an enclosure for them or just strap them to where ever.

Silver Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 142
I don't know a lot about how the factory Bose systems are set up these days. If you "splice" into the rear deck speakers and run that line into the Hi-Iinputs on the amp, there is a possibility that the Bose amp has already crossed over the signal to the rear speakers. However, it sounds like you are wanting to only amplify the subs. In that case, the XO from the Bose amp shouldn't matter. That setup would also eliminate the need for interconnect cables.

If you are looking for a small punch of bass, look for a smaller box that you can easily maneuver in and out of the trunk (if need be). If that's not an option, you could do as you say and have the 10s facing through the armrest whole. I would leave that up to a pro shop since you'd be cutting out pieces and having to literally seal your trunk so it can act as an enclosure. Or have someone make you a custom box that you can wedge against the back seats and leave you enough room.

I still don't recommend splicing anything. Most of us on here would recommend running new wire, but it is your vehicle, friend.

Username: Adamv624

Post Number: 5
hey im not sure what your asking but im pretty sure its what i did for mine i spliced my speaker wire from my back speaker and fed it into the high lvl input of my new subwoofer amp and it does work and that would work because your radios sending a signal to that subwoofer (the music) and your just tapping into that signal and sending it to your amp, but make sure you do use your high lvl input because that wire is already amplified so your high lvl will only accept that if u put it into your normal input youll get the magic smoke but it did work for me but i did lose my radio controls for the sub if my radio is one 1 than it goes full blast it will not go up and down with my radio so i had to make and install a knob to turn down my sub because it was to loud and couldnt listen to radio because it was always on full blast so preprepared for that to happen but im with you i installed all my systems and i kinda got lazy on the jeep but i also have a factory radio if u dont have a factory radio just run it to your head unit trust me youll be much happier in the end and plug it into those rca on the back but if your still running factory then yeah it did work fine and saved me ALOT of hassel its still what im using

hope this helped

Bronze Member
Username: Bookeeper

Louisiana

Post Number: 17
due you sound like you bout to fry yo system yo stop being lazy and set it up right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us