Amp settings

Username: Annapolisgto

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 1
i have 2 10" kicker compvr 400 rms each 4 ohms
kenwood excelon 1200 800 watts@4 ohms
pioneer avh-p3100 hu
i have the proper wiring

i know i am beating a dead horse with this question. i am car audio illiterate. my amp has lpf frequency 50-200, isf frequency 15-40, input sensitivity 5-0.2max. ive read up on them and it still doesnt make sense to me. the subs are in a sealed box. i would like to have the subs pound and whatever i am doing is distorting them. i would really appreciate if someone could give me a recommended amp and hu setting.

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 2
also i do not have the wired remote bass boost. is that something i need to get max performance out of the subs?

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 154
In most cases the bass boost, the +dB adjustment, is located on the amp. You can adjust it on the amp itself, or if you had the wired remote you can adjust from the front while driving. It's just a preference of if you want to be able to change the boost while in the front seat or just setting it on the amp and leaving it be.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 572
make sure your gain is not too high and your lpf is not to high or to low

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10858
Set LPF to ~100, ISF to ~20, then put on the most bass heavy song you have turn the volume up and turn gain down (higher voltage, counter-clockwise) until you hear no more distortion. That is the easy and cruse way of doing it which, with that equipment, will suffice.

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 3
thanks for the input guys. still doesnt hit as hard as it should
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us