Frequency Response

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 50
I had a question more opinion based. When an amp gives its ratings for frequency response, how accurate are amp manufacturers to this rating. The main reason im asking is cause everybody talks about frequency response and how some start at 5hz and some start at 20hz. I know anything below 20 you cant hear anyways so is this more of a marketing ploy? do manufacturers who rate it a 20 know that under 20 you cant hear anything so they remove it for clarity or do they go below 20 and just rate it 20 because they know you cant hear anything below this? I know this is dependant on manufacturers but for the sake of argument lets say Im asking this only for high end amps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
NO takers on this one?

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10856
It ain't going to matter at all. Not one bit. 20-20,000 is the standard for nearly all consumer audio sources and thats the frequencey range your HU is going to be sending the amp. (thats if there were no crossovers, which are obviously nessecary)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
well im using a way setup and a alpine 31 band eq sound processor

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
and this "20-20,000 is the standard for nearly all consumer" I know so you believe its a marketing ploy?

Silver Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 113
20-20k Hz is the human range of hearing... producing equipment that produced outside of that range would be pointless and a waste of time and money...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us