My rem wire

Username: Caseyskaggs57

Post Number: 1
hey everyone i bought a new system for my gf car and i hooked it up but there is no rem wire on the radio or the hook ups or anything and the amp is not working at all the hot wire is hooked to the battery and the ground wire is bolted down but without the rem wire the amp is not turning on wat should i do the amp has a hook up for the rem wire but the sterio and conecters to the sterio do not have a rem wire

Username: Caseyskaggs57

Post Number: 2
it is a daul sterio and daul 600 watt amp with to 12' dubs

Silver Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 104
There should be a blue wire coming out of the back of the HU. That is your remote wire.

If it is not there, you'll have to run one from the amp to the fuse box and put it in a spare fuse spot that is wired. The fuse box is activated by the ignition switch, so there will be no signal unless the ignition is turned. In this situation, the amp will not be turned on my the HU, but the ignition switch instead.

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10834
If the radio has no remote wire just connect it to the switched +12v wire in the radio harness.

Username: Djdcb

Post Number: 3
yeah spl champ 174.4 hook it to the red bwire behind the Deck not he fuse box that "is only hot when the ignition is on just pick an empty spot"

Silver Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 111
I would install into the fuse box because it is one less connection that needs to made behind the HU; not to mention that it is more accessible in some situations. BTW, that "red +12v wire" runs to the same fuse box....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us