JL Slash V2 vs. Alpine PDX

Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 1
Hey guys i presently have alpine type x component system with focal midbass a 31 band eq and sound processor. My JL amp 500/1 and 300/4 and 12w6 were stolen and i want to rebuild my system, maybe even go a step up. Everything was perfectly tuned for sq. I was wondering if i should go with an Alpine PDX, stay with the JL slash V2 or maybe upgrade to the JL HD. I'll probably stay with the 12w6 unless the idmax is about the same price or really worth a price difference. At the same time will i have to redo my settings in my eq since i change my amp cause i really dont want to mess with them.Do you guys have any opinions? Im all open ideas but i do have a budget. What that budget is iim not sure sure but one that covers at replacing exactly what i had before

Silver Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 136
That's a really tough decision. I would say if you had JL and liked it, to go that route again. However, alpine makes some pretty good amps as well. Either way you go would do good for SQ. Alpine may be a little more budget friendly, so if you're looking to save some cash, you may want to go with them.

Post Number: 2
Ya i saw that and thats why im leaning towards the alpine but its hard to go from what you know to what you dont know. Would the settings on the pdx in term of cutoffs and filtering be the same? Also does the digital processing make a difference? RIght now my head is connected optically with the the processor im wondering if the pdx will take that into account. Im really torn between the two and not sure which to take. Than again im using a 12w6 which might be perfected for the 500/1. Im not sure what to do. I also asked about the JL hd amps are they worth the price difference or is this basically the same amp as the slash with some components to hand digital processing like the pdx?

Username: Classiccaraudio

Chico , Ca California

Post Number: 2
alpine amps are good but jl auido amps are a lot better

'the damping factor on the jl amps are a lot higher then the alpine amps

also the jl audio amps have 11 to 14 volt regulation so they are going to have the same amount of power no matter what the alpine amps dont have that

and the other thing is the alpine amps are made in china you want amps made in usa our japan no china

stay with the jl audio amps

Post Number: 5
Thanks Derek, didnt realize the alpines were china. Now are th JL HD worth the money? I noticed that the slash series has much more functionality when it comes to settings but maybe the HD doesnt need these settings.

Post Number: 7
Is there something else that wouldnt cost much more that I could i go with, that would be a step up? Is nakamichi a step up?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Ok so after reading some more, i've read that the JL HD600/4 are really good amps and plenty of power however is it worth the money to spend the 100$ more for the HD compared to the Slash v2 (without taking into account feature set)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us