How should i wire my 2 12inch type r's

Username: Ck11119

Post Number: 1
i have 2 12 inch type r's 4ohm and a kenwood 5 channel amp (Kenwood KAC-859).i am looking for the loudest setup. the subs are wired in the box like this( http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=2&woofer_imp=4 ) the second diagram. And if it would be louder to rewire the subs different in the box tell me how to do that too. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 995
That amp will not be able to provide them with enough power to get what you call "loudest setup possible for the subs".. Get a mono block that does at least 800 watts RMS at 1 ohm... Wire each sub individually to 2 ohms then wire together to get 1 ohm.. You already have the diagram right there so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.. Upload

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 996
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HIFONICS-BRUTUS-BXi-1210D-CLASS-D-MONO-AMPLIFIER_W0QQite mZ140364468045QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item20ae5fcf4d

Thats about as cheap as it gets when it comes to getting roughly 850-910 watts rms.. Though it's rated for 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm which is infact a lie because a couple years back many bench test were done on the hifonics amps and not one did there rated power but none were expected to, due to their fuses and bad rep at the time... It was still decided that based upon the price, they were still the cheapest bang for your bunk.. Because though they couldn't reach there rated power output they did well to reach the max that there fuses could permit..

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 997
Buy that amp if you want to get the "loudest possible" out of those subwoofers

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 998
Scratch that suggestion... I recently did some reading and checking around... turns out that hifonics has fallen while I have been away.. Been away for about 3 years but during the time I was active I saw many bench sheets on numerous hifonics amps.. All below the rated mark but not so far below to make them complete junk when it came to price per rms watt.... Though I'm currently coming across supposed bench marks on the current line up from them and it's no where near where it once was... Still hear say and word of mouth, no actual scanned bench test but all the hear say worries me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us