Kicker SX amps VS Alpine PXA-H701/IVA-W200

Bronze Member
Username: Kryptonitewhite

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 41
Alright, I need to go 4-way active with 2 sets bandpassed... I thought my only option was to run a crossover, I didn't realize the SX Kicker amps are bandpassable on every channel? So I can run 2 SX900.4 with the remote instead?!?!

Please help! Thank you!

Jordan

Crossovers
10Hz -- 16kHz variable HP frequency adjustable in 1/12th octave steps
30Hz -- 20kHz variable LP frequency adjustable in 1/12th octave steps
6 -- 36dB/octave variable crossover slopes (up to 48dB/octave on the 650.1)
HP, BP, and LP on every channel

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-product-reviews/6375-running-active-s etup-using-kicker-sx-amps-dsp.html

Bronze Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 32
I can't speak about the Kicker SX amps, however, I have much experience with the Alpine PXA-H701. I used it with my setup before upgrading to the F#1 H901 a couple of years ago.

The H701 keeps your system extremely flexible. I don't know how much flexibility you can have using amps in the manner in which you are speaking. The H701 is very compact and can control all your XOs from a single point. Not to mention it is only about the size of a pack of smokes, so it can be easily hidden out of sight.

When I first bought the H701 and went full active, I fell in love with my Elates all over again.

I hope you have a similar experience.

Bronze Member
Username: Kryptonitewhite

Luverne, MN USA

Post Number: 43
Thank you man, awesome review! A pack of smokes? really? didn't realize it was that small... gonna guess 100's tho LOL

Bronze Member
Username: Nick_belsky

North Canton, Ohio USA

Post Number: 47
Keep an eye on Ebay. They usually sell for around $250-300. The controller for it usually runs less than $100. Great unit though, maybe slightly larger than a pack of smokes. Here is the manual link...

http://alpine-usa.com/US-en/support/support_search.php?modelname=pxa-h701

Bronze Member
Username: Kdryden

Post Number: 20
I have the PXA-H701 with the head unit controller and trust me nothing beats a 31 band eq with optical input and time correction
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us