1200 watt Amp too demanding for stock battery??

Username: Str8bmxin

Richmond, VA

Post Number: 1
I really need a little guidance. I'm fairly new to car audio. I know enough to get around but there's a ton I need to learn. But I had a cheap Pioneer 760max amp powering my RF P3's for a few months. Well Friday I finally got my Hifonics1206D. I hooked everything up to the Hifonics correctly, but when I turned my car on the amp powered up but no sound came from my subs!!.. So I double checked then triple checked my connections. So I left it alone for that night and tried again Saturday morning, but this time my car wouldn't start at all then I realized I had left the light on in the car all night. I charged my battery a bit n tried again. Amp powers up but no sound. Then I hook my pioneer back up an everything works fine again. So I was wondering if my stock battery couldn't handle the 1200watts my new amp was trying to get which is why it powers up but no sound?

The car is a 2002 Dodge Intrepid. (if that matters)

Also if it is the battery. What new battery should I get that's under 200 that can easily power everything.

THANKS A LOT,
Josh

Bronze Member
Username: Skdooley

Roanoke, VA Usa

Post Number: 98
It sounds to me like it could be the amp. If for some reason you find it is the amp and you happen to return it, check into getting an Aq1200d. 1200 rms is about max give or take you want to run off of a stock electrical system. Your battery is your storage for power but what really powers everything is your alt. You should be just fine running 1200 rms. Make sure also to set your gains correctly on whichever amp you end up using. Gains set too high lead to clipping and voltage drops, also damage to woofers. If you don't have one, pick you up a multi-meter. They're pretty cheap and come in super useful. If your amp is putting out 0 - no voltage, your amp is not working.

Username: Heba66

United States

Post Number: 1
If you need any help to read Electronics Engineering. just visit
Freelancer.com There you can find thousands of coders who are really very helpful on Mechanical Engineering. And use this unique 'TURBOCIRCUITS' word to get some extra feathers.
Have a nice time
bye

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 192
yea my guess would be the amp. cuz ive been runnin a hifonics bxi 1210d on my stock 110a alt and stock battery for a year now no probs, n recently replaced my hifonics with a rd 1000.1, which is 1300 rms and everything running fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us