Any experts? i need some advice

Username: Sk8er342

Post Number: 4
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/599749.html

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 01:05 pm: Edit Post
First would you let me know if this set up would work and and pointers you had

kenwood headunit. (fairly new bluetooth, hd radio etc.) unknown model number
JBL 6 1/2 X 9's (4 of them to switch out my four speakers)
JBL speaker amp 150watts rms to each speaker 4 (again unknown model number right now)

AND

class d boss out law 5000 watt. 3500 @1 ohm amp
18" kicker Solo X 10,000 watt 5,000 watt RMS in a ported box
10 farad capacitor (person selling the box amp and sub said hed throw it in)

im getting the top set for $425 and the sub set for $600

I dont think this is a good set up at all and i have very little knowledge in this field. The problem im running into is POWER. thats why i came to you guys. Any advice in the amplifier dept? btw i drive a VW passat and trunkspace is little importance whereas thump is of large importance.. I just want to run this system safely

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 172
do u have any electrical upgrades? id prolly pass on the sub set u listed above. its a straight spl sub and will require electrical upgrades, and the amps are very low quality. n u dont need a cap

for 600 u could get a aq 1200 for 229 shipped. n 2 12 aq sdc3. or 1 15 or 18 hdc3 (if u can fit it) and wont need to upgrade ur electrical and it will still f*ckin pound. got other ideas if u dont like this one

Username: New_in_this

United states

Post Number: 1
i need help. i had one of my buddy hook up to rockford 12's. i have a perscion power 250 pushing it. i just got a 400w amp Jensen. i just got a jbl 1000w 10. also a jensen head unit. how should i hook up the two amps to the car with the 3 subs. im looking for how it should be wired what amp should push what ect... someone please help me out. new in the car system thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us