Amps Causing Light Flicker

Bronze Member
Username: Jason420

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 37
OK was everbody as u can look on my profile to see what i have/my question is this i run two amps hifonics bxi2608d for my clif designs CD1200C an Pyle Dryver Amplifier - 250W X 4 Channels for mids an highs; yes i have 250 amp alt.optimo red cap batt,last night i was cruzing an when the bass hit{i have a lottt of basss}my light flickerd what the hell !! i should have power to push ever thing,or do I....what should i add 2ndbatt,stronger alt.or WHAT THANK-U

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4846
depending on how everything is hooked up i believe that amp is capable of 300+amperes current draw.

If im not COMPLETELY wrong i believe you take max amplifier wattage output-2600 RMSx2 / 13.8(cars electrical system) which could explain why this was a rare phenomenon because the amp should never be constantly drawing that much power just in spikes which is probably what you noticed.

are your big 3 upgraded?

Bronze Member

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 38
not all the way just a 2ga wire going from alt to my battery,i can unplug my pyle amp an my subs sound amazing,on the big 3 should i use the same size powerwire as my amp[ 0ga batt to amp }

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4848
i would just use 0 gauge regardless of what your system is using. the way to think about it is the bigger the wire the less resistance the entire system is going to have overall because that energy is redistributed through the entire car and in a way reabsorbed so the quicker that can happen the better, so bigger wires equals less resistance to current flow.

Bronze Member

PIMP CITY, GA USA

Post Number: 39
thank u
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us