Ideas for set up

Username: Frullet

Post Number: 1
Hey guys atm, im running a kicker comp sub, no idea what its rated at, all i know is that its a Dual voice coil 12 inch, definatly older one, got 2nd hand. Goes very very hard. I think its around 600 watts.

Im running this off a 4 channel alphasonik amp 75 rms per channel, bridged 2 ohm, i believe.

Im running, Punch speakers 6 by 9 in the parcel shelf, 75 rms 150 max, personally i reckon under rated.

I want to upgrade to a system that kicks much much harder. Was thinking a rockford fosgate p2 sub, need ideas for amplifier, as i personally dont know, whats good brands for D class,

And wondering if needed should upgrade speakers?

I am looking at spending probably only around $800 for sub/sub's or amplifiers.

ATM i am running 8 guage wiring kit should i upgrade?

Thanks guys.

I am from australia if that effects price etc. Thanks for help in advance

Silver Member
Username: 2000celica

Roanoke, VA U.s.

Post Number: 160
if you plan on upgrading the subs for more bass then yes i would upgrade your surrounding speakers as well. i would do a 4 channel amp on the speakers and mono amp for the subs. brands depend on preference. you can for sure get a nice system for an $800 budget. I wouldnt recommend the P2 subs though. that's my suggestion. running more power as well with a larger amp or amps you would want to go up to a 4 guage wiring kit.

Username: Frullet

Post Number: 2
ok, thanks heaps for that

Bronze Member
Username: Domenico

Glendale, AZ USA

Post Number: 65
800? hmmm, well depending on how they do things over there you could find a nice set up as you would Here for 800. If you want a "well known" brand you could get 2 alpine type r (15inch) off ebay for hellllla cheap then get the new 2000 watt amp alpine makes. That wouldn't be too bad for the money, just make sure you check what ohms your getting & match it with the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us