Does anyone know how overrated hifonics are on there amps?

Username: Qulin

Qulin, Missouri United states

Post Number: 2
bought a 1600 watt rms hifonic today and wonderin if anyone knew true power

Username: Xxemoxx

Hermosa beach, Cali

Post Number: 3
look at the fuse on the amp, if its 20amps then its generally about 200 watts, etc.

Hifonics before maxxsonics bought them used to be very ok amps for the money, but i am pretty sure the 1600 watt rating is at 1 ohm for 10-15 sec. on a test bench and the true 4ohm rms rating is significantly smaller.,

Good rule of thumb it should cost between .75-$1.00 a watt for good true rms power.

Post Number: 3
ok well i just have one l5 12'' solo but i wanted to get a good amp so when i get a l7 i can turn that baby up and should be ok it says 1100 at 2 ohm 1600 and 1ohm and has two big 80 amp fuses, now to put my sub on a 2ohm load its dual 4ohm so i need to put negative to positive on one side then negative to positive on other then run negative and positive to my amp right?

Bronze Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 75
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Platinum Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 10669
You asked and you shall recieve

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/542894.html

" Good rule of thumb it should cost between .75-$1.00 a watt for good true rms power. "

Need to get with the times there... the technology is not that expensive anymore

Bronze Member
Username: Xxemoxx

Hermosa beach, Cali

Post Number: 14
M.S. you keep trying to rip on me, and I know there are plenty of D class amps out now that can preform at 1-2ohm loads with very high wattage ratings, but I am talking about a true 4ohm rms load, @ 12 volts.

Sure you can bridge stuff down and lower the S.Q. ability to make more power at a lower ohm load and if you just want SPL levels thats fine, but not everyone wants annoying dirty loud bass. I am more an S.Q. fan, and do realize different strokes for different folks, but you don't have to go around being an a** just because you disagree with what someone else likes or believes.

BTW its not the technology that is expensive, its using the good materials, copper and gold are more expensive then they have been in 7 years, so now companies are cutting corners even the bigger name companies are changing production techniques, and skimping where it counts therefore lowering the quality of there product. MB Quart is a giant example of this, from what I know diamond sadly is headed that direction too.

It happened to Fosgate 5 years ago until they got there stuff together and realized that had made a huge mistake and started to bring themselves back up..

My point being just because technology is cheaper do not mean other factors are not playing a role in cost, or quality of construction.

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 3110
The usual output from the Hifonics amps is usually about 80% of rated power, or at least thats the number I always stuck with. I heard that the newer lines on the Hifonics amps put out rated, but never really searched around for bench tests.

Post Number: 4
will it matter if i run 8 gauge power and ground wire for alittle bit as long as i dont turn it up to loud cause it calls for 4 gauge

Bronze Member
Username: Sonic_assault

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 29
im about to buy a hifonics 1208d claims 1200 rms into 1 ohm ....
im pushing 2 diamond audio D6 15's.
i have already tryed this amp on them and i was extremley impressed...it pushed them as hard as the massive audio 1500.1 i had on them .... its a used amp that im getting for 120$$ any suggestions??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us