Need amp suggestion

Username: Md287

Post Number: 1
Ok im sure you guys see these threads daily and my attempts at understanding what i need to have left me with wayyyy too many questions. so here i am.

my question is: i currently have 2 12" kicker 4ohm DVCs seen here:http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3407_Kicker+05CVR124.html

im looking for a cost effective amp (meaning something that will power these subs best for the least amount of money.)

through my searching ive found that i either need to wire them at 4ohms (the way they are currently wired) or 1ohms with a 1ohm stable amp.

so with that said what amp do you suggest. Im sure ill have even MORE questions after you suggest an amp as im still trying to make sense of this all

Thanks for your time in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 104
wats ur budget on the amp? hifonics brutus 1210d is around 200, 1200 rms at 1 ohm. aq 1200d 249 shipped 1200 rms at at 1 ohm or rd 1000.1 1320 rms at 1 ohm for 209 or 239 if its still on sale.

Username: Md287

Post Number: 2
Zack

thanks for the response. I really dont want to go higher than $150 as i have found some for around that range, what im looking for is to deliver 400 watts to each sub RMS because i have 2 4ohm DVCs i need to stay at either 4 ohms or 1 ohm.

the subs listed put me over and while i know i can run them if set carefully i get nervous with overpowering the sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 74
This is a decent amp for your price range. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19713

Silver Member
Username: Wackzirth88

K-town, Il U.S.

Post Number: 105
check it out on youtube. alot of ppl are running 2 4 ohm kicker cvrs on hifonics brutus 1210d at 1 ohm. iive read in more than one place that the brutus is overrated and only puts out around 900 rms, so if that is correct ud be good. check out this vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L18UobYbPN4

Username: Xxemoxx

Hermosa beach, Cali

Post Number: 9
Mike just a heads up, you get what you pay for, you are asking to power some decent sounding speakers with a "flea market special" price range amp. Have you considered looking on ebay for something more solid and reliable, I will tell you with my 8 years in the car audio industry and 10+ years doing S.Q. comp, as well as helping people with S.P.L. comps, you truly get what you pay for.

A good rule of thumb is true rms wattage runs about .75cents-$1.00 a watt @ 4ohms. Now 2ohms is ok, but your giving up clarity and sound quality.

There are some nice amps to be had in about the $200 range that will push your subs nicely, infact you can get a used jl 500/1 for around $200-$220 used on ebay, and it will be plenty effin strong and make well over the rated the 500rms. Also look at the orion hcca 250 those are going for 150-200 and they make about 600+ easy 2 ohms and are 1 ohm stable and i have seen them on true bench tests at 1ohm make over 1000 watts. They are also reliable, from a legit company and are not a flea market special.

Think about it like this, why are JL, Memphis, MTX, and Kicker $300+ for a 1000 watt amp new but Autotek, Lanzar, Hifonics, etc. only $100?!?! If its to good to be true it most likely is.

BTW i almost forgot whenever i have customers asking what you this is alway always the amp i try to direct them too, i have had great success with it, they are reliable reputable and just down right amazing for the money.

Dollar for dollar one of the better amps out there, reliable and true power.
http://cgi.ebay.com/JBL-BP1200-1-1200-RMS-Mono-Subwoofer-Amplifier-Amp_W0QQitemZ 280397992492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item414905d22c&_trksid=p4999. c0.m14

Also if you can find a directed 1000.d that would be a good bet as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us