Punch P450 Blowing fuses

Username: Dcodd87

Post Number: 1
I have a rockford fosgate P450 that keeps blowing fuses. Worked great for a while and then this happened. It was installed by an authorized rockford fosgate tech with all the amp settings as well.

The fuses that blows are the ones in the amp itself. As soon as I turn the car on, the protection light comes on and then the fuses blow.

The weird thing is that I never even drived the amp that hard. Its over a year old now and not exactly sure whats going on.

I checked the ground wire which is still connected like it was. I checked the inline fuse which looks ok. I don't understand whats going on and I really dont want to buy another one. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Username: Tbone198515

Crawfordsville, Indian USA

Post Number: 3
check all ur subwoofer connections or car audio connections maybe u have a loose wire touching something its not suppost to had this problem before

Username: Bradatcontrol

Post Number: 2
The inline fuse is probably a lower value then the one that is installed in the amp itself. The smaller fuse will blow first (they are connected in series). Try disconnecting your sub from the amp and install a new fuse and see if it still blows. If it does, go back to where you bought it from and talk to them. There might be internal problems. But you might be able to get warranty on it.
Good luck.

Username: Classiccaraudio

Chico , Ca California

Post Number: 6
the amp is gone send it in and get it fixed they are 125 to have fixed

and they will have it done in like 2 weeks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us