Amp Problem? Subs Not at Full Power

Username: Katman14

Post Number: 1
I have a system all of the Kenwood Excelon series. I have a four channel amp for the speakers and a KAC-X10D for my two 10" subs. It is quite the good system until today when I unlplugged the wires from the subs so that I could move the box to put velcro on the bottom. The entire time I did this the key was off. I then plugged them back in but when I turned the key back on the subs are hitting very very weakly; to the point where you can barely hear them unless you are stopped. The lights on my amps are both on so I don't think that my amp went into protection mode or anything. Everything is hooked up correctly I believe. Does anybody have any insight? Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Lance86

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 35
maybe you got the polarity backwards. that would do it and if that is the case I would fix it asap.

Post Number: 2
Yeah that's exactly what it sounds like would be wrong but I've played around with that and checked it a million times. I don't know what else it could be.

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 36
you may have knocked the ground or power wire loose. the only thing else that I can think of is check that your gain and HU settings are where you had them set. you didnt say that you messed with your amp so if it isnt that then your guess is as good as mine

Post Number: 3
Well it turns out I figured it out. After reading your first post I was more confident that it was something with the polarity seeing as I wasn't the only one who thought that anymore. Haha. So I played around with it and switched it on one sub and it works now. Which makes no sense to me.. Haha.
The one sub is hooked up to the amp + to + and - to -. But the other one is hooked up + to- and - to +. So unless its marked wrong on the sub box or on the amp or something else is backwards I have no clue. But since I switched that it has been working like its good old self again. So I dunno, but at least its working. Thanks for the quick assistance and support! Very much appreciated. This made my day. Haha

Bronze Member

Winnemucca , Nevada Us

Post Number: 38
yeah someone prolly hooked the wires on the inside of your box backwards...it happens to the best of us haha.

Post Number: 4
Haha oh man it really had me worried there for a while. I have had troubles with it in the past. But I am so relieved. Thanks so much for your help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us