I CANNOT decide on which amp to get.

Username: Jasonbolt1

Post Number: 6
I'm stuck between these 2...

1.http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-ZXi1006-2-CHANNEL-AMPLIFIER-1000watt-BRAND-NEW_W0QQ itemZ220267785752QQcmdZViewItem

2.http://www.ugotadeal.com/product_info.php?products_id=2661&ref=froogle

Pros of 1 are;
-2 Channel for possible adding of another 12 in the future.
-1000 watts rms @ 4 ohms bridged

Cons of 1 are;
-a/b amp so it'll draw ALOT of power. and ill have to do the big 3 which I'm semi unclear on how to but could pry figure it out. Just don't wanna have to upgrade my alternator cause I'm broke.
-a/b class sub @ 4ohms=big 3 I'm thinkin

Pros of 2 are:
-1200 watts rms @ one ohm, 900 @ 2ohm
-D class so takes less power.

Cons of 2 are:
-My sub is a dual 2ohm, not sure if it can be hoooked up @ 2ohms... RF only gives me options for 1 and 4.
-is 1200 @ 1ohm too much? I have a p3 d212's 500rms 1000w peak.
-mono so no adding a sub latter (which really isn't a big deal)

I'm stuck on these two amps. Your feedback would be most appreciated in helping me decide. I just want my sub to sound spectacular :-)
If there's a better amp in the same
price range then feel free to post it.
Thanx,
-Jason

Bronze Member
Username: Ridicbass07060

Sonances wangin

Post Number: 64
yea... that amp would be too much power for that sub. honestly i dont even think i would put 900 on that sub unless you really know what your doing. if i were you i would put like 500-700 on that sub at the most because fosgate subs are known to crap out if given too much power. look into an alpine mrp m500 (500 at 2 ohms) or mrp 650 (600 at 2ohms) or if you really wanna run that much power to that sub look into the kicker zx 750. its underrated though and will do more than 750 watts rms at 2 ohms. so i would suggest if you got that amp to turn the gain down. hope that helped.

Bronze Member
Username: Rvpr4

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 15
You can add as much subs to a mono amplifier as you want...

HiFonics amps are okay but overrated. Just get an Alpine or a Rockford Fosgate T5001BD amp.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

York, Pennsylvania

Post Number: 11835
I wouldnt go more than 600 rms on that rockford sub. If you dont want to upgrade your electrical id stop there that way the rest of your cars electrical needs are cared for and you wont have dimming at idle so your battery lasts as long as it should.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us