Amp decision time....

Silver Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

GR, MI US

Post Number: 392
So I've been piecing together a system for the last..year (?!)...upgraded my charging system, have a 200 amp MCR H/O alternator, Kinetik HC1800 up front (this is in an older jetta btw) and big 3 done (1/0 gauge), 2 RE SE12's (dual 4) in a 4 cu. ft. (after subtracting sub displacement and port) tuned to 33 Hz, kicker kx450.2 on a set of CDT's, now all knukonceptz wiring (4 ga. for the kicker, 1/0 for...tbd) and an Alpine CDA9886.

After finally scavenging all of this together, and doing quite a bit to the car as well (on a high school budget, of course), looking into buying the amp for the subs, and am having some trouble deciding.

The ones I'm looking at are these (trying to spend less than $400, if possible):

AudioQue AQ2200D
Fosgate Power T20001BD (or the 1500-BD, know they're underrated)
BXi2610D (or 2410D, know they're overrated)

Also, already have a kole q1-3000D (pa) that I got for dirt cheap, but am just looking to make money off of it (probably use it until I sell it...dunno), and a crossfire (well, "distinct audio") claiming 1500 rms x 1 at 1 ohm (14.4v)...has no fuse, and recommends 60 amp inline fuse...? I'm assuming tops 1000 rms, but got it pretty cheap as well.

Silver Member

GR, MI US

Post Number: 393
Any opinions/suggestions welcome, TIA!

Silver Member

GR, MI US

Post Number: 394
Anybody? ...input?

Also lookin' at a few mmats, mtx, soundstream and orion amps...whatever's goin' reasonably cheap on ebay. But I'm leaning towards the AQ more and more, haven't seen any bad reviews and the price is right...

Username: Motah227

Post Number: 2
WHAT UP, WHAT AMP WILL BE BETTER TO PUSH 2 10" JL AUDIO W6V2.

THE NEW AVIONIXX 2800 AMP
OR
MEMPHIS 16 PR1.1000

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 15156
of those u listed id pick the RF 1500

look into sundown audio 1500d too

AQ shud be good if on a budget ...

Silver Member

GR, MI US

Post Number: 395
Well, I ended up caving to the price and reviews of the AQ...

Thanks for the input Rovin! I was definitely looking at the power 1500, and had glanced at sundown (but the price was up there, for me). I just needed the best performance at a cheaper price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us