Sub amp for 10" Kicker Solo Baric L7's

Username: Buddhabless

Post Number: 1
OK, I blew my amps a few years ago before I moved away and decided to fix em when I got back, well now I am. I believe they are 02S10L7's (the red logo) I forget if they are 2 or 4 Ohm.

I originally had a kx600.1 powering them. So to replace it I am considering a Kicker zx500.1, sx650.1, or zx750.1. They are all around the same $ (about $25-30 between each amp) and close to the birth sheet of my old 600.1 (743).

Which one would you guys get and why. I know the 750.1 is the most powerful, but I felt the 600.1 was more than enough already.

Thanks in advance.

Post Number: 2
They are Dual 2Ohm Voice Coil L7's

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1775
if you were happy w/600w before then there's no reason to go bigger IMO.
However, if you can get the 750 for the same price or cheaper there's no reason not to go that route either.

Something to consider -- if you have a pair of dvc 4's you can't wire them to 2 ohms to get the most out of the kicker amps. You'd be stuck with 1 ohm, which is below minimum recommended nominal impedance and may lead to thermal issues - or worse - for the amp. The other option would be wiring for 4 ohms which would have the amp running under low stress, but it would also reduce it's output from 600-750 to about 400w.

You should double check that you have dvc 2's, if not you may need to look into an amp that does 600-800w at 1 ohm or 4 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2596
Most zx750.1's do around 900w @ 2 ohm, honestly I would get the 750.1 (if you don't mind spending the little bit extra), then if you ever want to crank it up a bit more you have plenty of clean power to do it with. Just my opinion.

Post Number: 3
Well i jumped on ebay this morning and found a 600.1 for $100 shipped and nabbed that. If I want to go bigger in the future I can get my original one fixed and run em both.

opti, thanks for the info, I do have DVC 2's.

I ran the system for years before it went, So the plan is to rewire, run a cap this time as well. If need be I could also only run one of the L7's being that the 600.1 only runs 300 at 4 ohms 600 at 2.

We shall see what happens, but since i came in about $150 under budget i may seriously look at repairing that other 600.1 and running them both.

Sorry for that running train of thought.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1625
theres no need to run a cap.

Username: Drbizerk

Okc, Ok U.s.

Post Number: 4
i agree with Abarca

Post Number: 4
Ok great, because I was getting a cap as a gift, but that got changed, so it is great that I don't need it.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us