BAMF

Bronze Member
Username: Hamsamich9

Post Number: 77
are the Power Acoustic BAMF series amps good? Ive got one 15 fi q on a pdx 1.1000 and im planning to get another q, i dant quite feel like paying another $400 for another pdx and i dont really feel like running 2 amps. i was lookin at the bamf 4000/1 to run both on but i would like some input about the amps. please and thank you

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 137
"are the Power Acoustic BAMF series amps good?"

NO,very poor quality.

I assume your Fi Q 15" is a dual 1ohm wired to a 2ohm load,because the BAMF is 1ohm stable.

If it were me I would sell that PDX1.000 and get a AudioQue AQ2200D(2200RMSx1 at1ohm)

AudioQue.com

Bronze Member
Username: Pistol_pete

Cavalier, Nd United states

Post Number: 53
power acoustic might be poor quality but they have power i have a bamf 4000/1 running 2 12'' w6v2 jl audios and its very loud when i turn it up i can bearly breath they are definatly worth the $215

Silver Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 145
PA on JL makes no sence to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Pistol_pete

Cavalier, Nd United states

Post Number: 55
well i did have a 1800e class d mono jl audio amp hooked up to those subs but i had to wire them series because it would cut out if i hooked them up parallel to 1 ohm and i paid $500 when that amp first came out and it sucked that
PA is way louder and cheaper

Gold Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 1768
Biggest problem with PA is severely over-rating their products. I don't like using fuse size to determine power ouput of an amp, but as bad as their ratings are they force you to.
The bamf4000-1 has 3x40's. It's not going to do much more than 1200w rms, maybe 1400.
It will be comparable in power (and sound) to alpine's 1000.1 or JL's 1000/1.
Subs respond to power and the enclosure they're in, not the label on the amp.

Username: Sinceredagod

Post Number: 3
i would go with the pa 5500w ovn1 or ps1 because the bamf sucks compared to there other series of amps. ive tried em all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us