How do u hook up a amp an subs to a vehicle???

Anonymous

how do u hook up a amp an subs to a vehicle???
an how do u hook up a CD player in a vehicle

shane
Unregistered guest
how do i hook up a 550 watt amp to 2 12 inch subs? And what kind of wiring kit do i need?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 955
go to the car audio forums. This is for home amps. You'll get plenty of answers there. Glasswolf does not frequent this area.
cheers

JDUB232323
Unregistered guest
I HAVE A 460 WATT AMP AND I WANT TO HOOK IT UP TOO MY CD DECK/SUBS.....MY CD DECK IS A DURABRAND 102A.....IT SAYS THAT IT HAS 4 CHANNELS BY A 2 VOLT OUT LINE...IT ALSO HAS
45 watts by 4 channels maximum power output (RMS).......WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO HOOK UP AND AMP TO THIS???

Anonymous

O.K You can go to wal-mart or K-mart any store of that sort and by an amp wiring kit they will be in the area where the cd players are kept. Get one for the maximum watts that you amp will push. When you are ready to install your amp open the package each wire will be labeled. For example black is the ground wire, Blue is the remote wire, and red is the power wire (Battery). Open the hood of your vehicle and connect the power wire (red) to the positive terminal of your battery. Drill a hole behind the brake pedal in the floor board just large enough to fit the wire through and then pull it through. Next pull the cd player out and find the blue wire on the back of the cd player. It should be labeled remote. Twist the amp remote wire (blue) to the cd player remote wire and wrap electrical tape around them so they are not shown. Then pull it out from the bottom of the dash column. Now while you have the cd player out of the dash go ahead and hook up the auxillary jacks to the back of the cd player and pull them through the same way as you did the remote wire. Now install the cd player back in its place. Now its time to hide the wires. On the drivers side of your vehicle there will be side panels with phillips head screws in them remove the screws. No in some vehicles the carpet is glued down and in some it is stretched out tied and held down by the screws either way pull the carpet up only on the drivers side of the vehicle unless your battery is on the passengers side do it on the other side. Run the wires under the carpet until they are where you want them then screw the carpet back down. Now on your amp it will be labeled for each wire to go in. Rmt. Grnd. and Bat+. Insert the battery wire and the remote wire and connect the auxillary jacks. Now it is time for the ground wire. It will be short. Bolt it down to something completely metal for instance mine is bolted down to the metal under my seat. Then connect the other end to the amp. Now all you have to do is Hook up the speakers turn on the car and enjoy your boom.

Username: Zorro75

Grand Prairie, Texas United States

Post Number: 3
I've read your reply to Amp Hook Up and I've done exactly that, but every time I turn the Player on the Safety Light on the Amp comes on I've burnt quite a few fuses on the Hot wire that goes to the battery I've check for shorts changed speaker wires but still the same problem am I overlooking anything.
Your Help would be greatly apprediated
zorro 75

whodee son
Unregistered guest
it sounds like you have a grounding problem. make sure that the bolt you used to ground your amp has no paint on it. if it does, then just scrape it off with a screwdriver or knife or something. make sure the ground is touching all bare metal, not paint. let me know how it turns out.

Username: Zorro75

Grand Prairie, Texas United States

Post Number: 4
Hi there thanks for your response. I've checked all the wires and the soldering all appears to be perfect, I also checked the Ground and there's no paint it's making metal contact. I have 2 10 in Woofers and I just decided to check them out only to realize one was blown, I reconnected to the good speaker and the Amp started to Play. The Speakers were connected in Series could that have been the Problem? I'm scared to Pump up the Volume. Once more your input would be greatly appreciated. I have a Legacy II, 2 Channel bridgeable Mosfet, with built in CrossOver 300 Watts

whodee son
Unregistered guest
it depends if the speakers are single or dual voice coil. if the speakers are single, then just hook positive to positive and negative to negative. if it is a dual voice coil, run the coils in parallel. this is all assuming that the woofers are 4 ohm, as most car audio speakers are.

15'sintheback
Unregistered guest
i have two 15inch pyle subs and 2 25o watt amps,iam connected to the bat.and iam grounded but ther seems to be a prob with the aux hook ups on the back of my jvc head unit i can't get them matched up right they r not labled,i can't seem to figure out what is wrong any help would be great

CORY
Unregistered guest
HEY, IM NEW TO CAR STEREO STUFF. I WANT MY CAR TO SHAKE PAVMENT, LOL. I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A PAIR OF 12'S. THE AMP I AM LOOKING AT PUTS OUT ABOUT 500 WATTZ. IS THIS ENOFF POWER? WHAT DO U ALL SUGGEST I GET. UR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.!!

eatheratd
Unregistered guest
is it possible to hook up my home speakers to my amp for now?

Unregistered guest
Hey, i was wondering how i hook up an aiwa CDC-X116 cd player in my mazda 626. I bought the item off ebay and have no clue what wires go with what. please help...

UnBr3aKabL3
Unregistered guest
Hey! Im kind of new to this stuff. Anyways Im trying to hook up my subs and I have no clue what im doing. xD My uncle tried hooking up stuff and he got it good but accept the speakers and the subs are pushing out the same thing and I thought for some reason thats bad. Also its pushing out barely any power. I've tried putting it back but someway when I put it back and it sounded good...When I step on the breaks the subwoofers shut off and then they come back on when I let off the breaks. I need help! Thnx...

P.S. I have 2 10inch MTX Audios along with a 1200 Rockford Fosgate Amp. Please Email ASAP!

mickyblueeyes
Unregistered guest
I have a quick question i hooked up my 12in sub and my amp and my ground is good and my positive is good but for somereason the amp has no power and it isnt blown cause everything is new, and i checked with a cable that shows i have power but once again i have now power to my amp, so what is wrong?

Unregistered guest
Hey, question.... I have every wire except the power wire hooked up. However, i can't find a firewall through the front of my mitsubish mirage(1997) I can't seem to be able to hook the battery wire to the actuall car battery..

Nenad
Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer Premier SPL2000 12" sub for sale, and a pioneer 800Watts amp. if anyone is interested pleas e-mail me at zemunac@sbcglobal.net if you would like to see the pictures or if you are interested

Very Cheap

Bronze Member
Username: Romesaz

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 19
Please Please PLEASE take these questions elsewhere. There's a reason there's a car audio forum, guys. its only 2 clicks away. Message Board > Car Audio, ta da!

Unregistered guest
Hi there, i have a peugeot 306 with a 800w amp 2X400 and 2 10" subs. When i wire the amp up as usuall i get bass but its a lot of air and not really heard apart from when your heads in the boot. Whilst fiddling around one day i realised that when i touched any of the speaker outputs to the outer casing (with a screwdriver, purley accidental) the bass sounded the B****ks. Then i'd remove the screwdriver it sounded dismal again! Ive chatted to loads of people and its been suggested that its a major grouding issue. So out came the metal file and i removed all the paint around the grouding point. No change? So the next option was to buy some phat 8awg cable and run it straight from the (-) battery terminal to the amp.. STILL NO CHANGE? Any one with any suggestions? Its looking possible that the amp might be faulty. But i got it on the cheap from where i work as it was a discontinued item, so a refund or exchange isn't really my idea.. UNLESS I HAVE TO!

keke
Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" 800 watt subs with an 180 watt CD player. What kind of amp do i need?

Username: Spud8610

Yakima, WA United States

Post Number: 1
I have two 10" subs, and a 400wat amp. How do i hook them up to a stock 6 cd disc changer in a 97' mountaineer. I have a stock sub that doesnt work, how can i take that out?

danieltittil
Unregistered guest
waz u scene uncle Kenny?

Unregistered guest
HEY Just bought a crap load for my truck and got it bumping really loud i was wonder if you could give me a estimate on the decibals i am puttin out,,,,,, I have 3 JL 12W7's: 3 1000/1 JL Amps: 3 Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Copasitors: and a kenwood 911 motorized screen

Unregistered guest
HELP i have a 93 prelude and i use to have 2 10 inch speekers but not anymore the person that wired my car was stupid and i have to have a amp to even run my regular speekers. i had the amp working then someone undid it for some reason that im not sure of and now i dont know how to hook it back up there is way to many wires and i dont know a thing about how to hook it back up i dont even know how to hook up the regular speeker wires could some one help me please

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 263
"HEY, IM NEW TO CAR STEREO STUFF. I WANT MY CAR TO SHAKE PAVMENT, LOL. I AM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A PAIR OF 12'S. THE AMP I AM LOOKING AT PUTS OUT ABOUT 500 WATTZ. IS THIS ENOFF POWER? WHAT DO U ALL SUGGEST I GET. UR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.!!"

Cory,

I have a suggestion for you....

Find yourself an abandoned airstrip, where no-one else can hear you.

V

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 264
It amazes me how complicated it can be to arrive at such a bad result.

Unregistered guest
For everyone here who doesn't know how to wire their systems here is the easiest way. First when wiring an aftermarket cd player buy a quick connect for your vehicle its the easiest way or else you will have to cut and splice your wires (not hard either) all radios have 3 main wires RED (battery +) YELLOW (power/switched) BLACK (ground) then of course you have your speaker wires +/- then for an amp you have baisically the same POWER (battery +/make sure to have an inline fuse) GROUND (keep all amp ground wires SHORT no longer than 10 inches) REMOTE (remote wires are just your on/off wire for your amp) if you don't want to wire your remote wire to the radio or you have a factory radio not equipped with a remote wire you can wire the remote from the amp to a switched wire in the fuse panel but remember an wire that has to be switched needs to have power when the key is turned to the on position and no power when the key is in the off position. Then of course you have your speaker +/- wires for your amp. I have installed amps for over 8 years now in vehicles and the only advice i can give to you new comers to the world of bass is start out easy. By easy I mean when you wire your system for the first time you have to start out small don't bridge your amp to start out with your speakers have to be broken in otherwise if you bridge an amp right out of the box to new speakers that havent been broken in properly they will blow the speakers, overheat your amp, ect. then you are left with a pile of broken goods that are no use to you anymore. Anymore questions ask away I am an auto mechanic and have 8 years experience with wiring car audio systems of all types.

lost in the wires
Unregistered guest
hey daytripperkr
im trying to install my sub and amp, now my amps got 3 wires
RED- +ve power
BLACK- ground
YELLOW- power antenna

my amp will ONLY be driving the sub so how do i hook it all up?

BTW the amp is a 2 or 4 channel

now my antenna is NOT powered ( what i mean is the instruction said the yellow wire is for a automatic extending antenna on a motor)

Unregistered guest
i have a sony deck with two 12" alpine type s subs and a rockford fosgste type rf x2 amp what is the best way to set up all the setting on the amp and deck to get the loudest and less distortion in the subs? and the best way to wire the subs?

Unregistered guest
I have hookups in the back of my car for a subwoofer, but i have no idea what to get or what else i need....can someone help me?

Unregistered guest
i av just brought a peugeot 306 and i cant find any holes to put the power lead from the battery to my amp does any body know where there are any holes so i can do it its a 5 door much apreciated thanx

Unregistered guest
i got a 15" 1000watt subwoofer...vr3....and a 300 watt amp....and a pioneere deh-6500 or sumshit...but when i hooked it all up....everything works but the sub...all wires are in right places...connections good....settings good......but no responce.....amp gets power...but no sound to box....email me wid ANSWERS!!!!!!!!PLEASE!!!!! djxsmf@hotmail.com

Anonymous

I have two 10's Alpine type E. And a 1000 watt amp Sony Explod. How high should i turn the amp up?

Anonymous

I have two 10's Alpine type E. And a 1000 watt amp Sony Explod. How high should i turn the amp up?

Shawn123456
Unregistered guest
I wanna get a pyramid super blue 2 channel amp and legacy sapphire lw1057 10 inch subs. The amp is at

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=193

and the subs are at

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=73 .

I also like these legacy 6x9 speakers...

http://www.fcsurplus.ca/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=6952

I want to use the amp for my subs, and hook my speakers to the deck. Im gonna spend most of my money on a good deck. I want to know if this setup will work and if it will be good or not. Sites have all the specs and info about the subs, amp and speakers. Email me at Shawndude10@hotmail.com

thanks

Unregistered guest
if any of you guys need help with ur system, email me at hotboyinfl03@yahoo.com. most of the people that claim they kno things on here, dont kno jack. email like i said if u want real advice/help!

Unregistered guest
I have all my system hooked up except my remote wire

i couldnt find a place on my headunit to put it to

is there any other place thats easy that i can hook it up to? and i am confused about grounding the amp.. i put mine to a screw that comes out of the trunk is that good?

Anonymous

if i want tider bass in my 94 blazer what will be better 2 12" subs or 1 10" sub

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New York USA

Post Number: 984
Please take Car questions to the Car Audio section. This is for Home Audio. Thank you.

eamo8
Unregistered guest
new to this stuff 2.goin to ayto shop 2 mro i want them to fit my jvc cd player in to new car but car has no back speakers and front 2 are dogy. will this cost me much and do i need any info before i go in??

Unregistered guest
any one need great help please e mail me at dvd_grnthm@yahoo.com any Q's u have about systems.

Rich Jackson
Unregistered guest
Hi guys i have a 306 and have recently bought a new amp to power a sub and 6x9s. i wired the amp to the specification in the manual but it does not seem to be getting any power to it. when the ignition is on i can hear a faint ring from my speakers but nothing otherwise. can anyone help?

Unregistered guest
I HAVE 2 12 IN. SPEAKERS AND A 1100 WATT SONY EXPLOD AMP. WHEN I HAD IT INSTALLED EVERYTHING SEEMED TO WORK WELL,THEN THE FUSES STARTED GETTING FRIED.I DONT KNOW IF IT STARTED FRYING CUZ I SET THE SMALL KNOBS ON THE BOTTOM TO PUMP MORE NOISE. NOW EVERY TIME I CHANGE THE FUSE THE SAME THING HAPPENS. A FRIEND TOLD ME IT WAS MY GROUND WIRE LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL MIGHT THINK OF MY PROBLEM.THANKS

Unregistered guest
I HAVE 2 12 IN. SPEAKERS AND A 1100 WATT SONY EXPLOD AMP. WHEN I HAD IT INSTALLED EVERYTHING SEEMED TO WORK WELL,THEN THE FUSES STARTED GETTING FRIED.I DONT KNOW IF IT STARTED FRYING CUZ I SET THE SMALL KNOBS ON THE BOTTOM TO PUMP MORE NOISE. NOW EVERY TIME I CHANGE THE FUSE THE SAME THING HAPPENS. A FRIEND TOLD ME IT WAS MY GROUND WIRE LET ME KNOW WHAT YALL MIGHT THINK OF MY PROBLEM.THANKS

Unregistered guest
hi i have a peugeot 306. i am currently trying to wire up an amp and sub but i am not able to connect the remote cable from the wiring kit i purchased to anything from the back of my jvc headunit. have any tips to help.

amp trouble
Unregistered guest
help I trying to install an amp in a 1999 ford taurus with a factory head unit I have everything done but I can't find the remote wire on it. can anyone help?

Anonymous

There is no help for a 1999 ford taurus. It probably didn't come with a remote wire and came only with batteries. lol

bruce bruce
Unregistered guest
how do i hook up a power wire into a 2000 pontiac grand prix?

Username: Dr_sound

Roselle, IL United States

I just bought 2 pioneer 12 inch 4 ohm 1000 watt subs. Do u have any suggestions on what kind of an amplifier i should get?

Bad Jeremy
Unregistered guest
i have a CD player and i need to buy a amp for my 2 10 inch kenwood subs. Where do i hook up my subs and where do i hook up my amp?

Username: Raffy

Wisconsin dells, Wisconsin Usa

Post Number: 2
IF your looking to buy an amp i have one for sale only 2 months old it is a JL audio 300/4 amp

Username: Raffy

Wisconsin dells, Wisconsin Usa

Post Number: 3
ALOT

Anonymous

if you wanna shake the pavement of the street i sugjest getting 4 12" subs that are at least 1000 watts and get an amp for each one thats is the same watts as the sub!!!!!! trust me you will be shaking houses as you drive by!

Unregistered guest
Hey i have a 2001 Deaoo Lanos an i have a system in my i was listen to it the other day an i didnt have it loud or anything. I have my amp hook up to my battery on the the hood one the postive part. But now my cassette wont turn on and niether weill my amp to put my 15 in the back on my car. I change fuses, i've had my battery tested and they say it fine. But anything in my car worked before but now every thing is working but my cassette player,amp, but i dont know y!!

Anonymous

hey

Yoda
Unregistered guest
i have 2 kicker 300 watt subwoofers and a 2 channel 500 watt pyramid amp what size or how many watts of wireing do i need?

Unregistered guest
How do I hook up my AMP to my Subs? I know its a dumb question but I don't know how to do any of this. I was hoping to find pictures but I can. Please help me out. Thanks

Outside Observer
Unregistered guest
Who's the moderator of this website. You should be deleting all of the "car audio" questions and telling people to post in the "car audio" section. Do you realize how frustrating it must be for people who are actually trying to talk about home stereo's

O_Z2
Unregistered guest
I have a 12' sub infinity Specs 1240w 93db-300w-1200w - 23hz-400hz -4 ohms and i was wondering what a good amp would be to work with this sub

somebody
Unregistered guest
for "nobody" you can connect your remote wire to your fuse that goes to your radio. just strip the end of the wire and wrap around that fuse and cram the fuse back in

pimpster
Unregistered guest
how do you hook a amp nd i sub to a factory cp player i have and after market pioner but i have a warenty on my stratus and if i take out the cd player i will screw up my warenty i know it can be donw but how??? 590 977 4154 --justin

Gold Member

Post Number: 3953
Stop hijacking this thread and post this in the Car Audio Forum. Try addressing it to glasswolf, he will tell you what you need to know.

THIS IS HOME AUDIO!

Unregistered guest
This will save you some money plus sound good, i have 2 12' American Bass subs, with a nice carpeted box, fully sealed off with a port hole that is shaped like a L......Im pushin it with a 1000 watt American Bass amp....and i dont know if uhave a cd player, but i have a Sony Explod(the one with the black face plate, its got all the diff images on it, and 3 what i call extra bass buttons, and to me it sounds pretty good, i have it put in a '94 Yukon 4x4

Unregistered guest
Hi i have a problem i hooked up my amp and my sub but thing is that my amp trun on but my sub dosent make any sound i hooked up everything right but i dont know what could be wrong with it. SOME ONE PLZ HELP ME

PS i have a pioneer DEH-p2600 deck and a kenwwod KAC-629S amp with a JL audio 12inch sub

joe1234
Unregistered guest
i have 2 18 inch subs and a 2000watt amp but im scard it will blow up something do u no any safe way of installing it???

dj joeq
Unregistered guest
easi need to get a bline in my car. i ave got a 306 on a k reg 5 door. ave got all the gear ie subs, amps, wring, but i cant seem to find a space in the bulk head to thread the power wire thru can ne1 help me
cheers

1980 cutlass Ben
Unregistered guest
i bought a pair of subs that have two possitive and neggative hookups on each side of the sub. i know how to hook up subs with only one set of connectors but the pair of them i have no idea. anyone know how to hook them up?

1980 cutlass Ben
Unregistered guest
also i its a pair of 1400 watt pyle 15 inch subs. i have a 2400 watt royal blue amp and a 3 ferrad capacator if anyone could recomend the best way to hook this all up that would be great thanks

Unregistered guest
hey i got 2 new 12 inch subs and a 350 watt bridgeable amp they r brand new so should i just bridget them up and play it low for a while or how do i break in my subs

JQSubCadet@HBStereo
Unregistered guest
The basics of wiring amps is one you want to make sure that all of the connections have been made properly or else you'll be thinking somethings wrong with your amp and return it on accident. The first thing you want to do is take the red wire from the amp and plug it into the positive port on your battery. Then run that through the firewall of your vehicles(warning)holes should be 8" of of the fram of the vehicle to prevent any problems, now run that back to your amp and plug it into BAT+ and before turning on the vehicle you will also want to establish a ground wire for instince i have mine to the metal in my trunk then after ground is installed only for higher performance head units will you have a conputer wire in which allows you to defrag your amp of any internal problems. otherwise you will have a remote wire which is so your head unit(CD PLAYER)can communicate with your amp. Now once that is done go ahead and take the a/v cords red and white to the amp plug them in to the active location. When wiring remeber not to get fuse happy which means just because somehting malfunctioning doesn't mean a fuse is out the correct way to go about is looking at the back of the stereo most of the time the a/v cables have cameout no problem plug them back in and your done. A little advice stay away from wal-mart equitment very poor quality and don't go near anything that says road gear or road master or even durabrand.

Moondy
Unregistered guest
i have 2 12" subs and a 1000watt amp. i have everything hooked up the way its supposed to but for some reason everytime i put a fuse into the amp it blows when i turn my car on. It also sometimes makes this "thump thump thump thump" sound. Can anyone help? PLZ

Ian Mitchell
Unregistered guest
hey i got a grafdale 12" subwoofer
i heard its for home theatre but can i hook it up in my car

Bronze Member
Username: Mrbeefy

Post Number: 16
PLEASE take all these to the Car Audio forums.. thats what they are there for.

Also, alot of these questions are the same, try reading before you post. This seems like common sense, and maybe I'm at a lost cause but home audio amplification is more than a little off Car Amplification.

Wrong Ballpark guys.

Thanks

Moondy
Unregistered guest
Does anyone know what a fried amp sounds like? Does it make a "thump thump thump thump" sound? PLZ Help

Gold Member

Post Number: 5032
Moondy,
It probably wouldn't help you out because you don't seem to be reading this thread thoroughly.

This is HOME AUDIO. Do you know the difference?

Got to the CAR AUDIO section.

A fried amp has more like a sizzling noise. And usually golden brown when it is done:-)

oak
Unregistered guest
I have a ported box with dual subs form bestbuy... how do i hook up the neons from the box to my amp??? my email is mjo89@sbcglobal.net i would appreciate feedback!!!

Username: Dvd

Ontario, California United states

hey guys i now this is a stupid question but can my remote wire be speaker wire

Unregistered guest
it can... but is not recomended, purely becouse of sound quality

kirk@work
Unregistered guest
This is coming out from the Yukon Territory. Is it a big deal to use car wire in a home and vice versa? Is there any difference in wires marketed for home vs car? I need to do some serious learning in both car and home audio systems. I try and sell audio equipement and I would probably do a lot better if I could expand my knowlege. Any recomendations of sites??

Dsurf87
Unregistered guest
I have a problem i cant find where to plug my power on cable in the back of my jvc KD-LHX555 head unit

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1451
Administrator, could you find it in your heart to MOVE THIS THREAD to where it belongs?
Please?

Thanks.

Unregistered guest
hay every time i bang my ho in my car it squawks and my subs shut off. how do u turn on the lights on a 1985 volvo??
p.s. most of u biatches on here are dumb a$$es if u don't know what the fuckyour doing go pay somone to do it

Unregistered guest
I bought a 12"sub with a 350 watt amp and it came with all the hook-ups needed. but my question is will it connect to the factory radio/cd player that came in my chevy 2500?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us