My Factory system has an amp. can I tap into it?

Username: Fun_govenor

Post Number: 7
I am adding a sub and amp to my existing factory system. The car is a satun ION. The factory system has an amp mounted under the package shelf and it powers all of the speakers. My thoughts were, there must be a power, ground, remote, and some sort of an RCA type signal to it. Do you think I could just tap into the remote, power, and the RCA type signal for the factory amp and use it for my new amp? I would run the ground to the tire tub (bare metal).

Also, the amp I have is a Jenson JXP720. It can push 350rms brided to 4 ohms. What gage cable kit should I buy. It is powering a single JBL GT120 in a home made box made of 3/4MDF with 1 sq foot inside volume (sealed)

Thanks! M@

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3429
you should be able to find a harness adapter from Metra or PAC to get line level signal from the factory amp's wiring.
that Jensen amp should use an 8ga amp wiring kit for power and ground.

Post Number: 9
Thanks Glasswolf. Is there a dealer online that you know of?

Thanks! Ma

Post Number: 10
I have looked at the oficial websites for both Metra and PAC and they dont have what you describe. They have a connector to install an aftermarket radio w/o hacking the wires but nothing that would splice the amp lead. The whole idea is to get the rca type sound quality and not simply us a high level converter,

Thansk! M@
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us