What should I get to push these?

Bronze Member
Username: Calaway

Austin, TX

Post Number: 17
Two RF Punch 8 inch RFD2208 HX2 subs.

Dual 4 ohm coils 400RMS each.

I know a JBL 600.1 would, but what other options are there? Mid to cheap side.

Bronze Member
Username: Chris_baller

Penetanguishene, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 20
the RF punch 1002 amp should work. its fairly cheap but its a mono amp if thats all you need.

Bronze Member

Austin, TX

Post Number: 18
I can't seem to find that amp, what are specs on it?

Bronze Member

Austin, TX

Post Number: 19
Basically, what am I needing from an amp to push them, what ohms/watt/chan config am I looking for??

Thanks

Bronze Member

Austin, TX

Post Number: 20
In a bit of a time crunch, please help

Username: Twista

Lawton, Oklahoma

Post Number: 5
buy a JL 500somthimg it will deffinetly give you what you are looking for for about 400 depending on where you look and buy it but that is what i have on 2 15s and it beets the piss out of them and the 15s are 1600 watts so as you can see it should work very good

Bronze Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 89
http://www.justamps.com/Amp_Pages/Ultra_Linear/UL_classa.htm

Not bad, 400w for $78 ... but not as good as a JBL either. Buy local if you can, warranty service over the internet is a joke.

Bronze Member

Austin, TX

Post Number: 26
Which of those Linears should I be looking at Michael?

Bronze Member
Username: Motoman22

Dallas, Texas USA

Post Number: 91
None of them but... Since you were looking for a budget-sensitive choice, whatever you can afford.

Ultra Linear isn't at all a terrible amp, I'd use one over an Audiobahn any day. The big thing you have to watch out for in a lesser quality amp is installation sensitivity. You almost can't break a high-end Alpine, hook the power and ground up backwards..it knows better. The lesser amps don't have such protection circuits, one goof and it's toast.

I'd really suggest a used high-quality amp over a new lower-quality amp. Ebay is full of them, research repair prices (most are flat-rate) before you buy and assume the worst. Figure a couple of weeks turnaround on the repair and enjoy your internally new, high-quality amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us