Kicker solo x 18

Bronze Member
Username: Laleezy

Jacksonville, Fl Usa

Post Number: 13
i was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what amp to use for powering 2 of these subs.they're dual 2 ohm vc 10,000peak 5000rms.im using 2 pioneer 5102spl 12s but i keep blowing them and im putting 2200 watts to eah sub with 2 aq2200d amps.they're suppose to be 2500 rms but i dont think thats accurate

Username: Alleyez69onme

Post Number: 1
I use kickers for my 1 solo x. 2 Kicker sx-1250.1 amps, and 1 kicker kx 2500.1 ...These push it to it's limits. Hope I helped. By the way I've never once blown an amp, but I have blown a spair once.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6657
wait, so you're running those three amps to the one sub??

and to the original poster, what's you're budget? and if you keep blowing your subs now, sounds like user error.

Post Number: 3
Yes sir, I use 3 amps for the solo x. My 3 amps give me an RMS of 5k watts which is what the solo x RMS is. Dual alternators an an extra battery of course.

Post Number: 5
Also, to the original poster. You could possibly be blowing your amps due to lack of sufficient room in your sub box causing your subs to overwork themselves. I have one solo x with 10 cu. Feet in my box. The box takes up the whole cargo space in my escalade and it sounds supreme with dual ports. You may want to think about using only 1 solo x and leaving enough room in the sub box (whatever is reccommended)

Bronze Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 39
how do you balance the system with 3 amps...???...

Post Number: 6
You mean as far as speakers not being overpowered by the sub? I'm using focal kevlars and I'm about to get a bigger amp for them since I've been getting kind of annoyed they don't sound too loud on a diamond 600

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1162
original poster...any electrical upgrades? your probably clipping the sh!t out of them

Post Number: 7
Yes, recoiled stock alternator along with an extra alternator added on, dual optima yellow tops for the system.

Gold Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 1163
are you the original poster? no
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us