Can someone fcuking help me Please!

Unregistered guest
i have a Pioneer GM-D510M amp and here are the specs:Amplifier Type: Mono
RMS Power: 300W x 1 @ 4 Ohms
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 0.1 %
RMS Power: 500W x 1 @ 2 Ohms
i also have 2 Pioneer TS-W305DVC subs and here are the specs:Recommended RMS Power: 400W
Peak Power Handling: 800W
Impedance: dual 4 ohms
My question is what is the best way to hook up the two subs to the amp so that i get the max power and best quality sound to each subwoofer?

Username: Celicaaudio23

Double Springs, Alabama USA

Post Number: 2
i'n new to this stuff, but i would say that you should first check to see of those subs are 2 ohm compat. if they are, you should split the amp's 2 ohm power. i don't know how to wire it but i do know it's possible. that would give you 250 watts into each sub. you would do better to get a new amp that is 2 channel and puts out closer to your rms for each sub.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 485
I hate to disappoint you, but you can't wire those two subs for a 2 ohm load if they're DVC 4 ohm. You can only hook them up for a 4 ohm load, since the amp can't handle a 1 ohm load. You'll either have to return the subs for some DVC 2 ohm models or just run the amp at 4 ohms.

Bronze Member
Username: 88retta

Farmtown, Oh

Post Number: 45
i have 2 4 ohm subs and they are running is running at 2 ohms. Have you hooked them up yet ? you could always try and hook them up and if they protection light comes on then you'll know it isnt right.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 490
His are Dual Voice Coil 4 ohm each, though, he can't wire for a 2 ohm load.

Unregistered guest
I also have a Pioneer GM-5000T amp here are the specs:Amplifier Type: 2-channel
RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 125W x 1
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 0.008 %
Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 380W x 1

is it possible to use both amps to push the subs and what options do i have using both amps and or the 2 channel amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 73
If its a DVC sub then you could set it up so that one amp powered one voice coil and the other amp powered another voice coil. However, its only recommended doing that IF they are similar amps. Which they aren't so i wouldn't do it

Reed your a dork
Unregistered guest
Reed, your a dork.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us