HELP!!!!! PLEASE READ!!! TOGGLE SWITCH TO CONTROL AMP

big o
Unregistered guest
OK, I want to install a system but I don't want the amp to be on all the time while the car is running. How can I do this? Its not possible I don't think to hook up the 4 guage wiring to a toggle switch becuase of the size of the wire and have it turned ON and OFF that way is it? I've talked to a friend and he said that you can control the amp with a good quality head unit. (like turning the amp on and off with the head unit) I've never heard of this..help!!!! Is that even possible????

Bronze Member
Username: Zbruski

Post Number: 19
I have done it. Just hook a toggle switch (from local autoparts store) up to the amp on off wire from the head unit. It is usually a blue colored wire but check the wiring diagram in your head unit manual.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 117
this is what you need to do. first off if you have a aftermarket hu then you can hook up your remote wire from your amp to the remote turn on from your hu. if you have a stock hu then your can try your switch idea but i dont recommend it. try to find a power source on your car that turns on/off when your car is on/off.

Username: Droptine

Post Number: 3
I used a lighted Rocker switch with bracket from the auto parts store on the blue remote wire between the HU and the Amp. I fastened it to the bottom of dash for easy access.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us