Grounding 2nd amplifier

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 157
I currently have 1 amp, and am going to get another one. I am going to ground them in the trunk, can I just bolt both ground wires to the trunk on top of each other, or do i need a distro block? I will be using 4awg for 1 amp and and 8 gauge for the other one.
Also what is a good distribution block?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.5 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 14864
i dont see anything wrong with grounding 2 amps on the same spot ...

Silver Member
Username: Vivi2000

Owosso, Mi

Post Number: 158
Im just wondering if i need to get 2 or just 1 distro block. Ill just go ahead and put them on the same bolt when i install it then.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2992
if you are running serious power then I would not use a distro. if not then a distro is fine. keep the ground wires as short as possible. Make sure you have a good spot for the grounds. also make sure the you hook the lugs to bare metal and not a painted surface. make sure that you sand or grind a painted surface before grounding. Also if you have to cut your carpet to get to a spot, make sure that the carpet cut is large enough that the carpet is not touching the grounding spot. I have seen 2 vehicles catch fire due to the carpet touch a bad ground. And frame mount is best if you are not using a 2nd battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us