Is there a way to do this???

Username: Thefowlerfam2009

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 4
I have a Ample Audio ACWD100 DVC 4ohm sub. Right now I am running it on a Orion HCCA225 Digital Reference (Old School) amp bridged at 2ohms. My problem is I am using a old MTX electronic crossover that is giving me problems. I have a MTX Thunder 6152 amp that I just got. The specs are at 14.4v
90 watts x 2 @ 4ohm
165 watts x 2 @ 2ohm
325 watts x 1 bridged @ 4ohm

Now since my sub is wired in parallel for a 2ohm load, is there a way to use the amp in stereo since its stable at 2ohms? Can I use 2 sets of speaker wires from the connection at the box and put one set on each channel? Or should I just get a mono amp made for these types of loads?

Thanks for any and all help,
Jeremy

Username: Blessedapparatus

USA

Post Number: 6
What are the specs on the sub ? [ RMS Wattage ]
If you're sub has a RMS of 400+ i'd say go for a monoblock amp [ class D ] and power it directly from that and save everything else for interior speakers and sell any extra that doesnt come into use for your system.

or just buy a better crossover that will achieve what youre going for.

Bronze Member
Username: Poprocks

Post Number: 35
Budget?

Username: Thefowlerfam2009

Holiday, FL USA

Post Number: 5
The subs rms is 200 watts which is what the Orion amp is sending it. I am just getting alot of low rumble through the subs with the crossover hooked up. I bought the MTX to run a set of Infinity 6422cfp's up front. My budget I would say is between $100 to $150. I just missed a MTX 4250D for $50 on craigslist....maybe I should try and find a new elecronic crossover or maybe a in line LP crossover. Any ideas where to get one??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us