Alpine Amp Problem

Username: Xmac113

Post Number: 1
My Alpine Amp (MRP-T220 V power) blew the fuses today. I have 1 fuse on the power feed and there is one on the amp (both 20 amp). It is running in bridged mode (1 10 in Alpine sub in box). Whichever fuse I replace last blows. When I first checked the fuses initially it was the one on the amp that was blown. There are no obvious shorts. Would an internal problem cause this? Or is it likely external?

It has worked for 6 months in this vehicle and 2 years in the vehicle that I had it in first.

Any help, advice is appreciated. I can compensate someone for their help.

Gold Member
Username: Hittin1

TEAM REVOLUTIONLake Charles...

Post Number: 2973
Wha size power wire are you fusing at 20 amps(before the amp)? Whare is the inline fuse located?

More than likely you have a problem with the amp.

What sub are you running off that amp?
Is it SVC or DVC? If it's DVC is it 2 or 4 ohm vc's? How long had this been installed w/o any problems? Anything happen when fuse popped(ex. turn key on, shut hood or door, hit a bump, ect...)?

Your inline fuse is not to protect your amp.. That is the job of the fuse located on the amp, The inline fuse is to keep you vehicle from burning in case of a short.

If you can take some pics or short vid of the wiring and fuse from power source to the amp.

When you replace the fuse on the amp does it blow instantly upon powering up?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us