Capacitors!!!??!!

Anonymous

How come like when I try to take off my capacitator that I get shocked? I got shocked 2 times todday. I think i'm doing fine. But is there any other way of not getting shocked when taking a capacitator out? I'm pretty sure it was totally charged when I took it off, so how do I uncharge it before i take it off? Thanks a bunch my bizzles that r for heezzy and sheezy.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 44
you need to bleed it off
after turning your car off
turn it on half way and see if
it bleed off, it works for me.......

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 78
i also have the same problem. What do you mean bleed. can you be a little bit more specific? and on your third line, what do you mean turn "it" on. the stereo? or the car?

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 45
one of our member has a easier way to discharge a
capacitator:

Once you hook it up you never need to charge it unless you unhook it for a while. You hook up your gound wire to the capacitor and then you use a lightbulb and touch the power light to it and touch it to the + on the capacitor. When the light goes out it is over.

my system was wired backward at the time, derek way drain the cap. quickly and no hassle. a house light bulb 100 watt is good to use

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 475
Just disconnect the power to the capacitor and run the amp. Should go out very quick. Then a light bulb will get the last bit out of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us