Best subs for a small hatchback

Username: Bvb14bvb

Post Number: 1
i own a 98 mitsubishi eclipse and wanted to put some decent subs in my car i was looking at putting a single 15 inch l7 kicker in my car in a bigger vented box. is this a good choice, also what amp should i use?

Gold Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1329
two sundown nightshade 10's or 12's bout be just as loud if not louder :-) in a smaller box

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2931
dont listen to him jared ..

this is the best setup for a hatch by far ...

2 pyle 12s ... extra chrome
and a boss 3500d ... 7000 watts max power
oh and 20 farad lanzar cap .. u know to keep the battery charged ..

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1331
:-(....

Post Number: 2
r u being serious with the pyles? their very cheap, is their a reason that they r so cheap? lol

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 20219
Mike is pulling your chain. Pyle is what it is. A pile of....

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1333
yes but i was not kidding about the sundowns ;) good stuff

its what i run in my competition car and daily car :-)

Post Number: 3
hm ok so this is what im lookin at right now, tell me if this sounds good or what i should change, remember im poor lol

an 08 15 inch L7.... with a Hifonics BXI1210D Class D Monoblock 1200 Watt Amplifier ... and an ausio enhancers ported 15 inch box, also the box is 5.2 cubic feet and is NOT sealed

Bronze Member
Username: Atreidies

Post Number: 30
Jared, tell these guys EXACTLY how much you have to spend. They can show you good equipment and where to find the best deal on it. They can also tell you how to install it and how to build your own box. All of that will equal the best sytem for the buck and the pride of doing it yourself.

Gold Member

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 1337
yes on a more serious note how about you tell us your max budget for EVERYTHING, and do you have any wood working skills as i could help you out with a nice design to meet your application

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 1483
please tell me a price ur wanting to spend! there are lots of subs that would be better than the L7.
and r u wanting loud or sound quality? or a mix of both?

Post Number: 4
um, im looking to spend around 600-700 bucks on the sub/s and the amp , wiring, and box, and yes i am going to install it my self but what subs for this car is gonna give me the best bang for the buck

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 4010
measure your trunk and post results. or atleast give us measurments of the space youre willing to give up to a box and amp...

Post Number: 5
alright the room i have which is behind the seat is a width of 35 inchs depth of 21 inchs and a height of 17 inch that is the area i need for the box, i still have about another 8 inchs of depth behind the seats that i can screw the amp onnto

Post Number: 6
like i said i want somehting that can rlly pound and for sure can be heard but not spending over 700 bucks, id say im looking more for loudness but isnt horribly distored, please help

Gold Member

Post Number: 4011
are you against buying used or on a forum from other people? the best way to get a good deal is look for mint condition equipment so you can save a few bucks.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=396811

although that thread is very inappropriate, those two re se 12's are a good deal.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4012
the amp and two subs for 575 plus half shipping which wil be about 30-50 depending on your location thats a real good deal.

Post Number: 7
im pretty sure im just gonna go with what i originaly stated. a single 15 inch 08 l7 with a 1600w class d hifonics amp and a 5.2 cubic foot audio enchancers box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
You can do that. Then you'll have the same set up as 1000+ other people. And that may be fine for you. I this is just a "phase" for you then get what you want. But, if you want a system that will destroy the next guy with an L7, then do some research. Read other threads on here. You don't have to buy used. Check out sonicelectronix.com and woofersetc.com and audioque.com and rdaudio.com You can get a killer sub, an amp that will push it and sound great, and you can build a box that will let the sub reach it's full potential. But it will take some of your time and effort. And it will all be worth it when you make that other guy with an L7 look like a chump. It's up to you. Chump or chump killer?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
My bad. It's rdaudio.net

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
Just as an example-
RD Sonance V1 15" rated @ 1000w RMS-$155
Audioque AQ1200D Rated @ 870w @ 2ohms(everyone will tell you they put out more than they are rated)-$249
Amp wiring kit from Knukonceptz-$100
Materials for sub box-$100
Total cost-$604 maybe another $50-60 for shipping.
And most people on here would agree that this setup would be much better than an L7 and Hifonics amp

Post Number: 8
ok so i decided to go with 2 2008 12 inch l7s, also the 1610D hifonics amp, I heard hifonics is underpowerd but we'll see i guess, also got a stinger 15 farad capacitor. ill update u guys and see how it all turns out, these r my first subs ever lol, hopefully i made some ok choices

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Team RE XXX

Post Number: 2827
Good luck let us know how that farad capacitor works.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 41
Did you already order everything?

Post Number: 10
yup. i also got 4 gauge kicker amp kit, and a stinger ground distribution block

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6654
can you cancel the cap., it's a waste. and imo cancel the amp to, and with the money you save on the cap. and the cost of the amp, get a better amp for the subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Tedsprogz

Nunya, Florida US

Post Number: 32
lol so funny, he comes here to ask for help, then takes no one's advice.....

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 43
Pretty much what I was gonna say. Some people don't think caps do anything. I personally run one. 2.5 Farad for a total of 1300w RMS between 2 amps. Let me say this before someone rips me one...There is no,NO, substitution for a HO alt. That being said, a 15 Farad cap is ridiculous for your setup. I'm not trying to be pissy here, I'm a noob too, but why did you waste your time asking for advice on here when you had no intentions of using it. I honestly hope your system works out for you and you are very happy with it. But know this, you could've had a better system for the same money. Good luck bro.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
alright, what amp tho? whatd be better for em. i wanna run it at its rms, and im not going for competition or anything, im 17 working a minimum wadge job and im still in high school, i just want somehting decent lol not god like

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i went by my friends info lol, u guys make it sound like it was a bad idea to listen to him, idk hes a dj and been into all kinda of audio for quite a few years so i figured he knew what hes talking about, oh well, ill vid it for u guys after its all in and see whats going on, i may make a few changes with the stuff i listed but the l7s r for sure gonna be there

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6655
if you like the l7s, fine, by all means keep them. they are very good subs for what they were made for, to just get loud. but the cap., stupid purchase. hifonics, good budget amp but with the money you spent on that and the cap., you could've gotten a much better amp.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 45
That's the whole point though. You could've had a "GOD" system (in you and your friend's eyes) for your budget. How much are you paying for the L7's?

Silver Member
Username: Brewsky

Prince george, British colu... Canada

Post Number: 197
fi Q or fi bl 18" with kicker kx1200

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 3725
WOW! Why come on here asking for advice if you're not gonna listen? You're a fu<kin' idiot! Hope it all works out for you....

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Portage, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2572
This is sad ive been gone for months and its still the same bs every thread....help me what should i get??...o ill just get pos audio equipment that my friend or "DJ" tells me is good. hey idiot u r on a CAR AUDIO forum!!!! People on here know more about car audio then ur "DJ". stupid morons

Gold Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 1035
ill give him props for atleast buying some good wire an that speaker will sound good for spl after all thats what it for how big of a box are you giving the speaker. for max spl dont give them no more then 1.75 cubic feet. can you send that amp back it blows i have one right now an its not putting the power out it says

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
hey guys thought id update u, i got my subs in finaly, its loud as hell, id love to test the DB in my car, but yea ill take a vid soon, i honestly dont see why u guys bashed the setup, it works beautifuly, after installing it i used it for probably about a good 45 min straight. and my amp was still cool, im quite impressed

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Houghton and/or Macomb, MI United States

Post Number: 972
Trust me, chances are that you will get used to how loud it is and want to get louder. That is why they were giving you suggestions. To save time and money. Have fun.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us