Refurbish/new???

Username: Pkilla21

Post Number: 8
Whats better? A new good or alright amp like MTX, Soundstream, Lanzar, Hifonics or a high end refurbished amp like Xtant,MMATS, US amps, etc. Cus I see these high end refurbished amps for the same price as the good or alright brand new amps. Are refurbs bullshit? I have 2 12" Type R's and I want the best amp possible, and from a recent experience (earlier today) I heard a JBL 600 1 and a Xtant 301A, 600watts. Both cars had 2 12" kickers and xtant sounded much better. what should I do? any feedback is much appriciated

Brad M
Unregistered guest
Hifonics amps are not low class amps. Especially the Hifonics Zues, Brutus, and collossus amps.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 102
I would look at the xtant A6001T or the JBL 600.1 which ive heard both are underrated. I myself am about to use the xtant A3001T and ive seen good reviews on it myself. With those subs you will be running a 2 ohm load since they are DVC 4 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 240
Well i say that both are just as good. A new or slightly used AMP is, well as good as new. A refurbished AMP is the same way. They take a broken AMP and put all new parts in it. If your a avid EBAYperson then HighdesertAudio works with RF to get factory refurb stuff. The good thing about refurbs is they usually come with a 90 day warranty. I bought a refurb sub and the voice coil snapped- called RF and they replaced it for free with no questions asked. All other refurb stuff i have purcased has had no problems, bumps like a charm!

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 415
A lot of refurbished amps/subs come with a full warranty just like a new one would. Kicker is an example. Look at the warranty, if it's the same as new and the components are cheaper, why not buy it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us