Blown amp

Username: Ctlawless

Post Number: 1
i built a system 6 months ago and have had nothing but trouble. i have 4 mojos on a 4000x1 mojo amp. it has blown and is sent off for warranty work. im not putting this amp back in truck. can anyone tell me what would be equal or better than this amp?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2452
Do you have the electrical to back up a 4kw amp? What ohm did you have it wired to?

Post Number: 2
it happened after i added 2 yellow top optima batteries. i do not have an upgraded alternator. I guess 1 ohm. not for sure. i had it hooked up. man i really gotta figure this out, cuz its too expensive to have these kinda problems. when i added the batteries it really helped. could there be a problem with the way the isolator is hooked up that could have blown the amp

Gold Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI

Post Number: 2495
you should get some better batteries IMO, and def. look into a H.O alternator. Those amplifiers aer very inefficient. Might wanna look into a different amplifier also, unless you wanna spend big bucks for electrical upgrades.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2454
Many things could have caused that amp to blow, those amps are extremely inefficient! No offense, but if you don't even know what kind of load you are running on that amp then you should not be using it. Grab your self a HO alt before you do anything, or you will just see more problems in the future.

Also, don't buy another amp until you figure out what coils your subs are.

Post Number: 3
well whats a better amp? I Want my subs to get the most power they need. the subs are dual 4 ohm i kno that, but i really dont need to kno what ohm it is cuz i paid to have it put in. they should kno, not me.

Gold Member

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 2464
What size mojo's do you have? You will need an amp that does rated power either @ 2 ohm or 0.5 ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us