Vibration Dampening Products

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisilver

Post Number: 59
I'm looking into buying some damplifier from second skin or dynamat extreme, which I can get at dealer pricing, but I have a few questions. At 16 years old i'm not raking in the cash so i'm trying to not spend an excessive amount of money.

Most of what I read says that damplifier pro is better than dynamat extreme, but how does regular damplifier compare to it?

The price jump from regular to pro damplifier is quite a bit of money. Is it worth the extra cost or can I get away with a single layer of regular damplifier?

Any other thoughts or opinions are appreciated

Thanks
Chris

Bronze Member
Username: Rvpr4

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 17
If you get either one of those, and put it on a trunk lid in your car...don't expect the vibration to stop. Dynamat and other dampening products only cut down on the rattling and vibrations. Ive seen cars with 3 layers of dynamat in their trunk and it still rattles and vibrates. So don't expect vibration to stop...it will just cut down on it.

But if you do get a dampening product, get the Dynamat Extreme Trunk Kit. It is 79.99 +shipping on SonicElectronix.com It comes with 20 sq.ft. of Dynamat Extreme.

Or 4 sq.ft. of Dynamat is $19.99 +shipping.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us