02 tahoe bad ignition wire

Bronze Member
Username: Sonic_assault

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 10
hi
ihave a 02 tahoe. i was putting in an aftermarket headunit when my red ignition wire(+12) touched the bare metal of the headunit. it sparked and then the headunit wont work now. i thought the headunit got fryed but the fuse on it was ok. so i got another working headunit and plugged it all up and it didnt work either. i got my multimeter to test out the ignition wire and it had no power. i connecteed the yellow power wire to the ignition wire and the unit turned on but now i have to unhook it every time i get out of my cart or the stereo will stay on. i checked the fuses but didnt see any blown ones. but i might have missed some cuz it was raining pretty hard out.... please help

Bronze Member

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 12
any one??????????

Bronze Member
Username: Christopherrm

Post Number: 45
i would check the fuses again and replace the one that relates to the ignition wire regardless of whether it looks good or not and see if it works for you. it is the most likely problem causing it not to work.

Bronze Member

Katy, Tx Usa

Post Number: 20
thanks man i will definatley get on that.
but just out of curiosity if its not a fuse what else could it be. i have about 5 or 6 fuses labeled "IGN1" IGN2" "IGN3" and so on some under the hood some in the interior fuse box.
i hope its nothing serious.
and also i have the remote wire from my amp running to one of the ignition fuses. couldn't i just tap into that same fuse and run it to my red ignition wire in the stereo harness?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us